Classic Cars Appreciation

Are there any classic car fans here?

I've always loved the classics. Both my dad and grandfather loved them so I think I must take after them. Growing up I remember them both having a lot of different classic cars, one of the highlights was my Grandad's MK2 Ford Granada 2.8 Ghia X, in stunning gold. He still had it when I was 8 but sold it on ebay when he gave up driving.

I've been a hobbiest classic car restorer for several years and am looking in to setting up my own workshop with my wife, who though doesn't really like cars she puts up with my constant chit chat about them! She's good like that!

Do you have a favourite classic?

I think one of my favourites has to be Vauxhall Royale coupe. I thought these were absolutely gorgeous cars inside and out.

What wasn't to like?

But I'm a fan of them all to be honest. I love the old Triumphs,Vauxhalls, Jaguars and BMWs. Currently restoring a Vauxhall Chevette and in the process of getting my grandfather's old Senator back on the road.

Still some ways to go with the Senator I fear...

Parents Reply
  • The original name was going to be the Morris Mosquito, it was felt that the servicemen after the war had a dislike of the name. Designed by Sir Alex Issigonis, he went on to design the Mini, Maxi, 1100 ,1880 and last project was the Marina. Sorry, going into special interest mode.

Children
No Data