What was your last purchase?

The last thing I bought was Firestarter by Stephen King. I'm an avid reader and have been reading and collecting King's books for about five years, and so far none have disappointed so I'm looking forward to reading it. I bought it on eBay for £5 so very reasonable for a second hand copy.

Another thing I purchased recently was a Kiss LP (The Elder), which should hopefully be delivered sometime this week if Royal Mail don't lose it - they keep losing my orders!!!

Parents
  • Seriously,the last thing i bought was a new timing-belt for the car.
    £35 for a rubber belt and £400 in labour to lift the engine out to replace it.
    If it snaps it is bye bye engine....and hello new car.

• You need the number of Walter the mobile mechanic...

I borrowed an Astra onwhich the timing belt snapped (in the fast lane, too) and he had it going again for 150 quid including new belt (other parts were "used" OFC)...

• He got it going again ?
    If the belt snaps the valves and pistons smash into each other and destroy the engine beyond repair.
    Walter sounds like a Magician I sperg.
    Fast lane to ? You would actually hear an explosion from the engine.

• I was doing a little over 70 just minding my own business, and there was no drama just an instant loss of power. I got the clutch in quick as you do and managed to leave the motorway.

I expected it to be rinsed beyond repair too, but apparently an undisclosed number of spare valves from a scrapper was enough to get it going...

And yes, Walter is our secret weapon when faced with mechanical disaster and he does it wherever the car is... (Assuming he isn't incarcerated for, well, "being himself in a built up area".) .

• I was doing a little over 70 just minding my own business, and there was no drama just an instant loss of power. I got the clutch in quick as you do and managed to leave the motorway.

I expected it to be rinsed beyond repair too, but apparently an undisclosed number of spare valves from a scrapper was enough to get it going...

And yes, Walter is our secret weapon when faced with mechanical disaster and he does it wherever the car is... (Assuming he isn't incarcerated for, well, "being himself in a built up area".) .

Children
No Data