What was your last purchase?

The last thing I bought was Firestarter by Stephen King. I'm an avid reader and have been reading and collecting King's books for about five years, and so far none have disappointed so I'm looking forward to reading it. I bought it on eBay for £5 so very reasonable for a second hand copy.

Another thing I purchased recently was a Kiss LP (The Elder), which should hopefully be delivered sometime this week if Royal Mail don't lose it - they keep losing my orders!!!

Parents
  • A front lower suspension joint for a 1970 VW beetle, I’m so decedent and a vamp!

• Are you in to the classics? I'm midway through restoring a Vauxhall Chevette 2.0 GL and in the throws of starting my own workshop.

Got a Senator in my garage, originally my Grandad's then given to my uncle and was given to me 5 years ago. I'll upload a pic for you when I'm back home later.

• Are you in to the classics? I'm midway through restoring a Vauxhall Chevette 2.0 GL and in the throws of starting my own workshop.

Got a Senator in my garage, originally my Grandad's then given to my uncle and was given to me 5 years ago. I'll upload a pic for you when I'm back home later.

Children
  • It was "Cherry" when I laid it up, five years ago, now it's crap. Paint has gone to crap d/s seat hasn't fared well and there's rust starting, plus the water pump seized. I got a new one, but did not fit it. 

OTOH just before I laid it up I had 700 quids worth of parts fitted at trade prices and not including labour to restore the ride, then the alloys refurbished and four new Pirelli p4000's. It also has a certifed LPG conversion, which was very handy for making it affordable. 

*edit* And it comes with it's own little library of service and technical stuff plus some XJ40 books. I've owned XJ40's for about twenty years before this one, they are uber fixable compared to the newer Jags, and I'm utterly sold on the straight six engines.

I was an aircraft engineer and finnicky about mechanical stuff, there wasn't much wrong with it AT ALL when I laid it up, I'd even done the tiny little bulbs that illuminate everything, BUT the new finish on the front right wheel had started to crack, I was very unhappy about that, but I had by that point reached the point of poverty where I coudln't drive it over and get it sorted under warranty.. 

• Interesting offer. I've got a bit on but hoping to expand the workshop, so I am interested. What's the overall condition like? I've never done an XJ40 before. I bought a spares repairs XJ8 in 2018 but I've always fancied a classic Jag.

• Would either of you be interested in restoring a Daimler XJ40?

You won't need much in the way of parts I did all that before I ran out of money...