Ennui

ennui
noun
  1. a feeling of listlessness and dissatisfaction arising from a lack of occupation or excitement.
    "he succumbed to ennui and despair"

Why do i want to give up on life?  On the face of things i am a clever, loved and popular man.  But it's never enough.  My intellectual stridency means there will always be those who loathe, fear and envy me.

So much of life is just keeping yourself occupied and busy i think. I am the very opposite of  occupied and busy. My thoughts occupy me.  Make no mistake about it, this Autism is something to cope with at best. At least for me. Some others can cope but i'm not coping at all well.

I don't know what anyone can say to this.  Any thoughts are appreciated! Perhaps you have felt the same?

P.S this was meant to go in the Mental Health section
Parents
  • So much of life is just keeping yourself occupied and busy i think. I am the very opposite of  occupied and busy. My thoughts occupy me.

Are you not occupied and busy because you don’t work or are retired? Or are you not occupied and busy because your thoughts are too overwhelming to be able to do anything else? 

I know I’ve found it easier when I am busy. But the last few years that doesn’t seem to work as well as it did. Now I seem to be dealing with very long periods of burn out, or when I do find the energy to be busy it’s only a matter of a few days before mentally starting to struggle. 

• Both of those.  I am not in the workplace because it would be too overwhelming.  I would rather die than ever enter the workplace and i am not looking for employment advice here.

• Both of those.  I am not in the workplace because it would be too overwhelming.  I would rather die than ever enter the workplace

I am in the same situation. Though I do work, I am self employed. But that has its own issues and isn’t bringing in enough money to live off of partly due to the cost of living crisis and partly due to my mental health. 

and i am not looking for employment advice here.

I wasn’t going to offer any. To give advice I’d need to have my own life sorted out and that’s far from the case. I was asking out of interest. 

Do you have any kind of hobbies? 

• I can be curt with others as i like to set proper boundaries.  It may come across as rude at times but it is not intended to do so.

The Cost Of Living crisis is awful. This country is long overdue a complete reset in it's affairs.

Reply Children
No Data