Charity Collectors at Supermarkets.

I had to go into work this morning and deal with a customer, I can act really slick and spend 15 minutes talking in a way I’m expected to. It leaves me drained, my wife was with me and we went to the nearest supermarket afterwards, I know in hindsight, I shouldn’t have gone. The supermarket was very busy, I started to lose words in sentences  and spike.

What I have noticed is in the entrances, there is always a charity collection, last week they had covered 3 different entrance points, I’ve noticed,  the same people are there for different charities.  What I really struggle with is that they actually approach people and ask for a few minutes of time, I find it a big struggle to engage, it’s hard sell. I can’t blurt it out to them but, I’m autistic, please leave me alone. They don’t want some change, they want a direct debit signup. It can upset my day for hours. I can leave feeling physically sick. Has anyone else had to deal with this?

Parents
  • I rarely go to a supermarket these days, but the ones I can't stand, either charity or sales are the ones who knock the door. They are especially hard if they hardly stop to take a breath. My stock answer is I don't sign anything on the doorstep. It is harder if they stand close and don't leave as I then have to warn them I am closing the door.

• I rarely go to a supermarket these days, but the ones I can't stand, either charity or sales are the ones who knock the door. They are especially hard if they hardly stop to take a breath. My stock answer is I don't sign anything on the doorstep. It is harder if they stand close and don't leave as I then have to warn them I am closing the door.

Children
No Data