Can't sleep in a Hotel

Last night, I stayed in a Hotel in Belfast. The Room was like a Sauna, and I only got roughly 3 hours sleep; from 10:15 pm to 1:10 am. Then, I had to make alternative arrangements home; even having confusion as to where to place the key for the staff. In the end I took it to the wrong box, but I phoned them to let them know this afternoon.

To be honest, I could never stay in a Hotel; ever, again. It was just too awkward, and I didn't feel at ease. It's really for those who enjoy nights out. However, having said that, I'm glad that I went to the exhibition launch. Got chatting to a few of my friend's old sparring partners in the Art scene in the Nineties. One bloke, from Dundalk, who looked very like David Bowie. He chatted to my friend's sister.

But the hotel made things difficult.

Parents
  • Sorry to hear you had a bad experience of your hotel stay. They can be strange environments because you're only there for one night and spend most of the time finding out how things work, then either come and go or take sanctuary there, only beginning to truly aclimatise just before the wee small hours, if at all. Then the next morning it's a case of rushing to be out before one inconveniences the cleaning staff/room service by running things close to checkout time. Never any real substitute for one's own bed

• Sorry to hear you had a bad experience of your hotel stay. They can be strange environments because you're only there for one night and spend most of the time finding out how things work, then either come and go or take sanctuary there, only beginning to truly aclimatise just before the wee small hours, if at all. Then the next morning it's a case of rushing to be out before one inconveniences the cleaning staff/room service by running things close to checkout time. Never any real substitute for one's own bed

Children
No Data