sertraline

hi, my doctor wants to start me on 50mg of sertraline for a few months for depression and anxiety. I've done some research into it and the side effects, however most ND people seem to have had negative effects. are there any autistic people on here that it has actually been helpful and worked for?

• I was on the highest levels sertraline and mitazapen (how ever its spelt)  for 5yrs turns out after 5yrs of them not working I just had combined adhd/add with a sprinkling of autism couldn't hurt to use it just be mindful you will pile the weight on while taking them 

• You need give it atleast a try, what works for you may not work for me.If they don't work as they are intended it could help you discover that you may have ADHD.

i've been on sertraline before and from my experience it didn't work for me as someone with autism and ADHD, it made food taste repulsive, cause serious upset stomach and seem to aggravate the negative side effects of ADHD. I was on them for several months and It made it more difficult to initiate the simplest of tasks. It made maintaining sleep difficult, it made chronic migraines worse throughout. It caused me to what i can only explain as slower processing ability which made it even more difficult to navigate social situation.  

• I have been on it for a year, and it's amazing (my opinion), counselling never worked for me, so they tried me on sertraline, and it works. side effects for the first few weeks were awful, I felt a lot more depressed however after that it's been great. any questions, just ask xx

• I'd say it will reduce chance of burn out but you might get a general 'slow down' instead.

• From my personal experience I have noticed that this medication can be helpful but the side effects are crap., I am getting constant ear bashing about not taking it from my staff in my supported accommodation no one seems to listen to me. 

• Works for me

been on it for four years 

• okay, do you think that it will have any influence on burnout then? and thank you for your response 

• In my personal experience sertralein helps you avoid those crashing lows where you feel, if only for a few hours, unable to function. It also tends to cut down on ‘highs’ by I mean moments of real excitement. It doesn’t lend itself to inspiration or being supper energetic. Expect to have a harder time waking up in the mornings. It really makes you sleepy.