sertraline

hi, my doctor wants to start me on 50mg of sertraline for a few months for depression and anxiety. I've done some research into it and the side effects, however most ND people seem to have had negative effects. are there any autistic people on here that it has actually been helpful and worked for?

Parents
  • You need give it atleast a try, what works for you may not work for me.If they don't work as they are intended it could help you discover that you may have ADHD.

i've been on sertraline before and from my experience it didn't work for me as someone with autism and ADHD, it made food taste repulsive, cause serious upset stomach and seem to aggravate the negative side effects of ADHD. I was on them for several months and It made it more difficult to initiate the simplest of tasks. It made maintaining sleep difficult, it made chronic migraines worse throughout. It caused me to what i can only explain as slower processing ability which made it even more difficult to navigate social situation.  

• You need give it atleast a try, what works for you may not work for me.If they don't work as they are intended it could help you discover that you may have ADHD.

i've been on sertraline before and from my experience it didn't work for me as someone with autism and ADHD, it made food taste repulsive, cause serious upset stomach and seem to aggravate the negative side effects of ADHD. I was on them for several months and It made it more difficult to initiate the simplest of tasks. It made maintaining sleep difficult, it made chronic migraines worse throughout. It caused me to what i can only explain as slower processing ability which made it even more difficult to navigate social situation.  

Children
No Data