Gardening for Anxiety

Hi All,

I just wondered if anybody else does gardening to help with their anxiety

If so which bits do you like doing best 

Julie 

Parents
  • I agree that gardening can be very therapeutic. When my anxiety is really bad though I just dwell on stuff while I’m gardening Confounded

However sometimes it helps. I bought a lovely plant the other day called a Tiarella (I might be spelling that wrong!) which is really beautiful - I keep looking at it looking so great outside my window and it does cheer me up to see it, 

• I agree that gardening can be very therapeutic. When my anxiety is really bad though I just dwell on stuff while I’m gardening Confounded

However sometimes it helps. I bought a lovely plant the other day called a Tiarella (I might be spelling that wrong!) which is really beautiful - I keep looking at it looking so great outside my window and it does cheer me up to see it, 

Children
  • I agree with you Kate, when my anxiety is really bad I try and get into my jigsaws or gardening but the anxiety just comes over me and it is really hard to concentrate and this is really annoying when this happens. 

I like the multi coloured plants and the patterned plants are my favourites. 

I find the purple, pink and mix colours help me to relax. 

I find if I do mindfulness when gardening this helps as well e.g. listening to the birds, getting the feel from the soil or texture of the plant.

I also find having a cup of tea down the garden in the sun helps me relax. 

Your right the Tiarella is a lovely plant.