New job and want to quit

My new job is going very badly.  I really feeling like quitting after two and a half weeks.  I'm making silly mistakes and I'm having difficulty remembering to follow all their procedures.  I'm definitely in the wrong type of work.  It's an office based job involving routine, repetitive work, the other trainees are doing better than me.

I can't quit because if I did I would be intentionally unemployed and the job centre would refuse to pay me and I would end up penniless, homeless and destitute.  But this job is driving me nuts.

Parents
  • Have you spoken to your manager/supervisor?  Sometimes its best to say that you are having a few problems....if they are worth working for.  They will help.  If the job isnt your cup of tea, look for something that your skills/interests are more in tune with.

Sometimes, i know i beat myself up for making mistakes, didnt feel i could do jobs properly....wasnt good enough.....alot of the time it was in my head.  

Hope something works out anyway for you

• Have you spoken to your manager/supervisor?  Sometimes its best to say that you are having a few problems....if they are worth working for.  They will help.  If the job isnt your cup of tea, look for something that your skills/interests are more in tune with.

Sometimes, i know i beat myself up for making mistakes, didnt feel i could do jobs properly....wasnt good enough.....alot of the time it was in my head.  

Hope something works out anyway for you

Children
No Data