Driving

Who drives? :) I passed my test when I was 21, by a miracle I think as I'm a shockingly bad driver lol but somehow I did pass. I find driving incredibly stressful and I haven't driven since I was 23 and not sure if I'll drive again tbh. My car just sits there year after year I should sell it really but it's one of those things where because it's mine I don't really want to get rid. And I might drive again one day who knows :) 

Parents
  • I passed second time at 17. I don’t know how I passed at all.

I drove right away, but wasn’t confident. I had an accident a few years later, my fault. I took my eyes off the road while changing a cassette tape that I had to listen to while driving…out out all the telephone lines on a main road, and totalled my car... I stopped driving after that for a while. Even being a passenger was tough. I drove periodically until 30 when married.

I just left all the driving to him because it was less stressful. I only drove on very rare occasions, and even then, just in my community.

When he left, I had to drive, as I took a job and needed to get there and back. That was nearly 7 years ago. I drive to work, to the drs, dentists, some shops and give occasional lifts on my terms for my daughter or my ex partner . I have a lot of anxiety about where to park, how to park, and getting lost. I can’t parallel park, and can only reverse park if I don’t think about the manoeuvres. 
    I had intended driving to my autism assessment meeting Monday. I was panicking, as I didn’t want to drive there alone, despite knowing where it is. I hate a particular roundabout and one way system, and didn’t think I’d find anywhere to park, as last time I was there it was full. I chickened out 15 minutes before my appointment time! I had to get a taxi, and I was late, and angry at myself for not trying harder.

• I passed second time at 17. I don’t know how I passed at all.

I drove right away, but wasn’t confident. I had an accident a few years later, my fault. I took my eyes off the road while changing a cassette tape that I had to listen to while driving…out out all the telephone lines on a main road, and totalled my car... I stopped driving after that for a while. Even being a passenger was tough. I drove periodically until 30 when married.

I just left all the driving to him because it was less stressful. I only drove on very rare occasions, and even then, just in my community.

When he left, I had to drive, as I took a job and needed to get there and back. That was nearly 7 years ago. I drive to work, to the drs, dentists, some shops and give occasional lifts on my terms for my daughter or my ex partner . I have a lot of anxiety about where to park, how to park, and getting lost. I can’t parallel park, and can only reverse park if I don’t think about the manoeuvres. 
    I had intended driving to my autism assessment meeting Monday. I was panicking, as I didn’t want to drive there alone, despite knowing where it is. I hate a particular roundabout and one way system, and didn’t think I’d find anywhere to park, as last time I was there it was full. I chickened out 15 minutes before my appointment time! I had to get a taxi, and I was late, and angry at myself for not trying harder.

Children
No Data