Horse riding

Hello, my daughter has adhd and autism she is high functioning as they used to call it. She absolutely adores horses and knows so much about them. I am going to try and book her some lessons. I am a little worried if they will let her because of her autism but I have been reading it can be very good for children who struggle socially.

Anyone here children ride or ride them selves? How did you find it, did you get treated fairly? 

Parents
  • It's amazing. I did a few lunge lessons on an ex race horse and I felt very privileged that it allowed me to do that. Wish I'd had more but time and funds blah...

• I've had precisely ONE direct interaction with a horse, in my life. I was invited to feed him an apple, a process in which I got real close to some HUGE TEEF and got my hand covered in green slobber, and it was one of the most profoundly beautiful experiences of my life. I really LIKED what I felt "coming from" that horse...

I'd really like to do a bit of horse riding, but only with one who was enjoying the experience too. I don't know how many of those sort of horse there actually are...

• If you are enjoying riding then any horse will enjoy it too. They are amazing animals and can tell what their rider is feeling by body language. Yes, feeding and being around horses is beautiful but very expensive when having to buy new jackets due to damage from those big teeth! 

• If you are enjoying riding then any horse will enjoy it too. They are amazing animals and can tell what their rider is feeling by body language. Yes, feeding and being around horses is beautiful but very expensive when having to buy new jackets due to damage from those big teeth! 

Children
No Data