Facebook Addiction

Now I understand that facebook is quite an addictive tool for some people which has it's good points but also has it's bad points.

Now I'll be one to admit that im on facebook too long, too much :( infact for me it turns out to be such a big distraction for me that I have to find ways to control the usage of the internet site.

An example of this is paying more attention to facebook on my phone when i really need to pay attention to more important things.

What i need to ask is:

What advice could any of you give to someone who is addicted to fb?

Parents
  • I know what you mean, Im 48 so I grow up without the internet and therefore fb, but still find it my go to distraction. As NAS said below the only way to completely free yourself is to delete but for myself it is useful for groups and family support. so I have put the groups in a separate folder on my browser favorites bar so I don't get so distracted by all the notifications. You could also try putting alarms or calendar event on you phone for the things you want to do, or only allow yourself to go on fb after a curtain time. Hope this helps 

• Exactly what FB is for. I detest those who boast of 5k friends, only 3 of whom they have met. Joining any and every group - not contributing, all for likes and egoism. The majority of quiet users use FB for what is - a social hub and not a free-for-all.

• Exactly what FB is for. I detest those who boast of 5k friends, only 3 of whom they have met. Joining any and every group - not contributing, all for likes and egoism. The majority of quiet users use FB for what is - a social hub and not a free-for-all.

Children
No Data