Facebook Addiction

Now I understand that facebook is quite an addictive tool for some people which has it's good points but also has it's bad points.

Now I'll be one to admit that im on facebook too long, too much :( infact for me it turns out to be such a big distraction for me that I have to find ways to control the usage of the internet site.

An example of this is paying more attention to facebook on my phone when i really need to pay attention to more important things.

What i need to ask is:

What advice could any of you give to someone who is addicted to fb?

• Exactly what FB is for. I detest those who boast of 5k friends, only 3 of whom they have met. Joining any and every group - not contributing, all for likes and egoism. The majority of quiet users use FB for what is - a social hub and not a free-for-all.

• I'm using it again now as i'm lonely.  Anyone else on the Aspergers UK group?   God i just want to talk to people and make friends but i always end up recoiling in horror from the rest of humanity.

hey, totally get the recoiling from the rest of humanity thing and I to get lonely so if you what some to chat to feel free to add. I have only just joined so just starting to find my way around the site. is there a chat function.

• I know what you mean, Im 48 so I grow up without the internet and therefore fb, but still find it my go to distraction. As NAS said below the only way to completely free yourself is to delete but for myself it is useful for groups and family support. so I have put the groups in a separate folder on my browser favorites bar so I don't get so distracted by all the notifications. You could also try putting alarms or calendar event on you phone for the things you want to do, or only allow yourself to go on fb after a curtain time. Hope this helps 

• For people like me who don't do other people, Facebook is a lifeline to family members (if they have any).

• How about this advice: stop using Facebook! Switch to another social network for a change. There are so many of them now, you can choose anyone to your liking. Have you tried Twitter, Pinterest? Or tick-tock? How about Instagram? Instagram is one of the most popular social networks right now, definitely try it out! It can be used for a variety of purposes. It's easy to get an audience there because many advertising platforms on the Internet will help buy subscribers without any problems. For example, this one: https://famoid.com/buy-instagram-followers/

• I use it to talk to an online girlfriend so for me deleting is not an option.   Back to the subject of addiction. If you logout frequently it helps with being pulled in by the feed part.

• Imagine if I said to you twenty years ago - 

“one day you’ll write a diary with your deepest parts of your personality with pictures, then you’ll hand it over to a stranger to keep, forever”

• At least you can take back control of your remaining years by deleting Now! 

• Delete, delete, delete! 

It’s not easy though as they own you - so as you delete, your profile will remain. Forever somewhere in Their ‘cloud’

You have to keep deleting over a few weeks for it to not show up. It Will still be in Their hard drive (stored in the Arctic) forever though whatever you do. That’s how they own Their users. 

Like heroin, the only way is cold turkey - you can’t be an occasional heroin addict.

• I'm using it again now as i'm lonely.  Anyone else on the Aspergers UK group?   God i just want to talk to people and make friends but i always end up recoiling in horror from the rest of humanity.

• What do you do on Facebook?

• Perhaps that is one good way of making sure you have your own life and not looking into all others :) 

• Get addicted to something else, what I do with facebook is make sure I do not go on to it until after my daily homework is done(lol), go on it later on in the evening when the day is over and you can relax without guilt that you are missing life meantime.