Christmas food/meals

What is everyone having for their Christmas dinner this year? I'm intrigued to see the variety Grin

Mine is going to be pigs in blankets, stuffing and a potato Potato (random I know) 

Parents Reply Children
  • Turkey was imported from the American Colonies. Goose was the Christmas meat before. 

However, I love turkey. Maybe because it's dry. Also, I was brought up with it. 

• So good ironically in England goose use to be what the poor ate at Christmas time now it's the other way round as goose is more exspanvie than turkey. But it's a bit more gamie in taste similar to duck similar to pheasant like a cross over between the two but not as dry as phesant but as moist as duck. I'd highly recommend it over turkey any day. Only downside is is you need a second lot of meet as geese tend to be smaller. You also have to do a bit more prep when it comes to taking out its inners too but coming from a farming/shooting background myself I got use to that from a young age. Like I ahd to learn to pluck and gut the phesant and partidge I shot too. Etc.

• goose is amazing. it's like a gamey chicken, much stronger taste, and you can use the goose fat to cook your roast potatoes and they then become the best potatoes you will ever eat! i think you need to have redcurrant jelly or similar with goose but I'm not very good with those kind of things.