Mental illness

The job centre have now referred me to the government RESTART scheme, run by a private company called Maximus.

Yesterday I had my induction, phone appointment.  As part of this induction they asked about my health and disabilities and the women on the line often repeated what I said, to double check the accuracy.  I mentioned autism, she repeated, ' you suffer from the mental illness autism.'

Parents
  • Well I wish you all the best Robert 123 with all this,  they love to keep everyone doing hoops. They used to call it playing the game when I was still in the UK. But most places you end up playing the game in one way or another, alas. 

I couldn't stand being in a position where others had those forms of power over me,  and wish I had seen from the outset that unemployment was no place for me. But in the early 80's there was a lot of underground literature suggesting that paid employment itself was on the way out. Until Lord Young brought in the Restart scheme in the mid 80's.

I do wish anyone caught up in this kind of circus the best of luck. 

• Well I wish you all the best Robert 123 with all this,  they love to keep everyone doing hoops. They used to call it playing the game when I was still in the UK. But most places you end up playing the game in one way or another, alas. 

I couldn't stand being in a position where others had those forms of power over me,  and wish I had seen from the outset that unemployment was no place for me. But in the early 80's there was a lot of underground literature suggesting that paid employment itself was on the way out. Until Lord Young brought in the Restart scheme in the mid 80's.

I do wish anyone caught up in this kind of circus the best of luck. 

Children
No Data