Social Media is Simultaneously One Of The Most Incredible and Terrible Inventions of the 21st Century

That’s my opinion I find the concept of social media hard to tackle in my brain because of my view on but curious to see what you think.

Parents
  • I was commenting on another thread and ended up typing a thought that seemed more appropriate for this thread.

Your brain only remembers the last time you remembered something, not the actual occurrence (essentially everything is a copy). Social media is a mechanism to allow people to make interactions with far quicker speeds. We have the internet and social media, and everyone is connected at the tip of their finger, instant gratification in the most immediate form - looking at anything online is a form of knowledge for the brain. So, I think people became too comfortable, and realised they didn't have to remember everything in their brain, all they now had to do was remember how to look it up.

Essentially the internet and social media are somewhat replicating how brains works, but merging with technology. We are far more cyberpeople we think!

• I was commenting on another thread and ended up typing a thought that seemed more appropriate for this thread.

Your brain only remembers the last time you remembered something, not the actual occurrence (essentially everything is a copy). Social media is a mechanism to allow people to make interactions with far quicker speeds. We have the internet and social media, and everyone is connected at the tip of their finger, instant gratification in the most immediate form - looking at anything online is a form of knowledge for the brain. So, I think people became too comfortable, and realised they didn't have to remember everything in their brain, all they now had to do was remember how to look it up.

Essentially the internet and social media are somewhat replicating how brains works, but merging with technology. We are far more cyberpeople we think!

Children