Wanting the age for being an adult to be lowered from age 18 in all countries

Hello my name is Shola and I would like for the age for being an adult to be lowered from age 18 to age 16, 15 or even 14 or 13 in this country and all other countries too because I am so angry with older people and people who are young treating younger people which includes children and teenagers like they are babies/little children when they are all not babies or little children anymore. People seriously need to stop treating children and teenagers like they are babies or little children right now as that is not acceptable and children and teenagers should be allowed to have more rights, responsibilities and freedoms like adults already have please I need to know what are the full list of things young people want to change and what are the list of changes that they want to see happen on this planet?

Parents
  • It's a slippery slope though if you lower the age you are saying kid's can have sex at 13 or 14 or 15 ? that is already the case in some countries which i am not for to be an adult means a lot of things. Self proficiency, job, Able to think for yourself must adults in early 20s don't even have that 13,14 is stupid besides the few geniuses that exist.

• I wouldn’t say you have to be a genius to take considered decisions about where you want to live or work or vote for at 16 or even 14. The opposing side In the debate over the age of majority always seems to reduce the argument to sex.

there is no law that stops a manipulative and charming individual taking advantage of a naive consenting 16 year old sexually. The reason for setting the age there is obviously at that age a great many teenagers are sexually active in a way that is mostly not manipulative and the government is only willing to criminalise so much innocent activity.

as I’ve said with other areas of capacity and consent a simple binary yes / no isn’t always helpful. An all or nothing age limit isn’t either. You don’t suddenly gain impeccable wisdom in sexual maters on your 16th birthday.

refusel to move beyond a hard age limit to some sort of vulnerability or exploitation based test because it would be ‘too complicated’ is just intellectual and legislative lazyness.

so called Romeo / Juliet laws might be an improvement but I think largely we should be looking at the intent of the other party not their age. A 16 year old can still exploit other teenagers after all.

• Teenagers these days are extremely sexualised - and the internet fosters really bad habits - young girls get thousands of compliments per day which is making them have an over-inflated opinion of themselves.    This makes them all think they will marry a millionaire - so they will ignore 'lesser' males even though they will never meet their prize.   A lonely life is in front of them.

Boys on the other hand get kicked so much on the internet that their self-worth is through the floor.  

It leads young men to thinking the only way to get female attention is to pay - and so super-entitled girls will be stealing their money while they can..

Sorry if this sounds sexist but it's the modern reality.

• I agree that everyone should have their choice of life - but the current system is going to see generations of lonely singles all missing out on what was in front of them due to unrealistic expectations and crazy entitlement.

Reply Children
No Data