This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anyone invest in crypto ?

I have a few just was wondering if anyone else is also into it.

Parents
  • I balked when the crypto exchange wanted a photocopy of my passport. It suddenly seemed a hell of a lot less anonymous than it was cracked up to be.

Although crypto has gone up meteorically, as per usual, by the time the knowledge went mainstream it was much less of a "sure thing" as a money maker. In addition, it's not so easy to turn crypto into cash or goods.

The new big thing is NFT's of course. and they make even less sense to us new traditionalists as crypto.

And here is a thing to try. Next time you are buying a reasonably pricey asset try offering the vendor Crypto or gold instead of money. And have the gold actually in your hand, when you do.  People behave in an interesting way when confronted by the shiny yellow metal. Bitcoin, not so much.

To be fair if I'd got BTC a few years ago, and made a shedload of (theoretical) money out of it, I'd probably be less lukewarm in my enthusiasm! (I did make a decent profit out of my little bit of gold when I sold it to buy land). 

• crypto is basically like a bank now, and has to comply with anti-money laundering regulations, so exchanges and points of sale and transaction all have to have identity and KYC stuff so that they know whos doing what transaction, plus bitcoin is actually a tracable asset, everyone can see your transactions, it never was private, its less private than fiat currency because every transaction is traced on the blockchain, its a bit like regular money, but with gps microchips in and everyone being able to see your personal bank statements lol so not private at all..... also they claim to be decentralised too.... but you guessed it, they are not decentralised either because crypto seems to be centralised around exchanges, without the exchanges crypto is dead, so to crypto the exchanges are their bank, their government, and its centralised around that.... ofcourse you can do person to person crypto sale and thats decentralised, but thats about as trust worthy as buying a bridge off a stranger who doesnt even own a bridge. 

• crypto is basically like a bank now, and has to comply with anti-money laundering regulations, so exchanges and points of sale and transaction all have to have identity and KYC stuff so that they know whos doing what transaction, plus bitcoin is actually a tracable asset, everyone can see your transactions, it never was private, its less private than fiat currency because every transaction is traced on the blockchain, its a bit like regular money, but with gps microchips in and everyone being able to see your personal bank statements lol so not private at all..... also they claim to be decentralised too.... but you guessed it, they are not decentralised either because crypto seems to be centralised around exchanges, without the exchanges crypto is dead, so to crypto the exchanges are their bank, their government, and its centralised around that.... ofcourse you can do person to person crypto sale and thats decentralised, but thats about as trust worthy as buying a bridge off a stranger who doesnt even own a bridge. 

Children
No Data