Imagining a neurodivergent world

If there were fewer barriers to neurodivergent contributions, how might NDs shape the world? 

Parents
  • If I could change one thing in the NT world, it would be more acceptance of being different. So that I don't fell "weird" or "strange" or "disordered". If I didn't have to mask so much and pretend I was like them. What about you?

• Let's start with ASD meaning Autism Spectrum Difference shall we? OR shall we insist on letting our normie oppressors continue labelling us as disordered?  

• I tend to like ASC. I agree that Autism Spectrum Difference is much better/fairer than 'disorder'.

The terms given for conditions are often given by researchers and many of the 'breakthrough' researchers (ie the ones that dream up new names for conditions) will likely be neurodivergent to quite a degree -even if they may not fully regard themselves as such.

• I tend to like ASC. I agree that Autism Spectrum Difference is much better/fairer than 'disorder'.

The terms given for conditions are often given by researchers and many of the 'breakthrough' researchers (ie the ones that dream up new names for conditions) will likely be neurodivergent to quite a degree -even if they may not fully regard themselves as such.

Children
No Data