Imagining a neurodivergent world

If there were fewer barriers to neurodivergent contributions, how might NDs shape the world? 

Parents
  • I would say that we do live in a quite strongly neurodivergent world.

I would quite happily say that people regarded as neurotypical do/would outnumber those of us who would be regarded as neurodivirgent but ...

When it comes to decision-making in this world, many of the decisions made by the few that are followed by the many are actually being imagined and made by people with a significant number of neurodivergent traits.

I would tend to think that the founders of, and many of the people high up in, the mega-companies, like Google, Apple and Facebook, that are more and more dictating our lives are neurodivergent people.

I do appreciate that for many of us, in our day-to-day lives, it would be nice to be openly connected with plenty of neurodiviergent people so I appreciate the positive natures of this thread.

One last point, if we are overly tarring people that are neurotypical as liars, nasty or otherwise diabolical, we are at risk of demonstrating 'hate-speech', so I'd ask people to just bear this in mind.

I would not tolerate hate-speech against fellow neurodivergents, and I report the thankfully actually quite rare instances (in my own observations at least) of it that I occasionally see on other platforms (Twitter, YouTube whatever).

If I see anti-NT or anti-ND hate speech on this forum, I'll be as fair on NTs as I am on NDs.

I'm pleased that this thread is generally being quite lovely to each other, which is very good to see Slight smile

• I would say that we do live in a quite strongly neurodivergent world.

I would quite happily say that people regarded as neurotypical do/would outnumber those of us who would be regarded as neurodivirgent but ...

When it comes to decision-making in this world, many of the decisions made by the few that are followed by the many are actually being imagined and made by people with a significant number of neurodivergent traits.

I would tend to think that the founders of, and many of the people high up in, the mega-companies, like Google, Apple and Facebook, that are more and more dictating our lives are neurodivergent people.

I do appreciate that for many of us, in our day-to-day lives, it would be nice to be openly connected with plenty of neurodiviergent people so I appreciate the positive natures of this thread.

One last point, if we are overly tarring people that are neurotypical as liars, nasty or otherwise diabolical, we are at risk of demonstrating 'hate-speech', so I'd ask people to just bear this in mind.

I would not tolerate hate-speech against fellow neurodivergents, and I report the thankfully actually quite rare instances (in my own observations at least) of it that I occasionally see on other platforms (Twitter, YouTube whatever).

If I see anti-NT or anti-ND hate speech on this forum, I'll be as fair on NTs as I am on NDs.

I'm pleased that this thread is generally being quite lovely to each other, which is very good to see Slight smile

Children
  • Thank you very much for your "balancing" post. With my talk of an "Autistic Army" and frankly the sheer enjoyment I've derived from other people's criticisms of "normie world" I am shamelessly working to sublime my own feelings of hatred of things that happened to me and others of my "type" via a little bit of controversial speak mixed with a lot of humour. I assume that here that my fellow Autists are somewhat like me, well versed in feeling strong emotion, but not instantly acting on it. In normie world, most of us appear to have taken a lot of "stick". That will continue until there is some pushback, OR we prove ourselves to be actually superior, or at least equal in worth to the normies.

My problem is that I always get the low wage, I'm always at the end of the line when the freebies are handed out, and I'm almost always "uninvited" although to be fair the vast majority of events I do not wish to go to anyway. I've been blaming myself and working like a *** to improve myself and now I find that despite being hugely skilled, held in high regards I am told by a few people for my moral values and actions, willing (and sometimes able!) to work like an outmoded concept, these things are insufficent to make me employable on the same rate as a Normie, with his well presented CV full of lies... EVERY TIME. 

I don't think my experience is unique either, and since I've been living on 2000 quid a year now for twenty years since the last time (by sheer luck) I had an "enabler" who could help me past the normie bullshit and into work, Admittedly I chose a second life partner who earns too much to allow me dole, and is completely unable to help me with my limitations, excepting to put a roof over my head, but I didn't know I was autistic and thought my limitations could eventually be overcome simply by straightening up and flying right. Now I know that the normies will NEVER give me a living wage and a decent job again, and I don't quite have all the right qualities to make entrepeneurship work consistently despite being quiet a competent and generally good performer, away from the water cooler, I am becoming very keen to see my Autistic comrades seize control of society from the normies, actually.  

NO hate speech intended here, but may I ask, when do we attack?

For once, I don't think I want to be late.