Private Diagnosis

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with getting a private diagnosis done and was this then accepted by the local authority to then allow you to get the treatment and help your child needs?  My son is 2 and 4 months old and I would like to get his treatment started as soon as I can but it seems like they will only accept the NHS diagnosis. Not sure what my options are other than sit and wait which I don't want to do with everything saying early intervention is key. 

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you may have

Karen

Parents
  • Diagnosis is a hot topic on here.

my personal feeling on the topic, is you have a few choices.

NHS can be challenging, but obviously financially more viable option.

Private can be rapid (relatively) but far more costly.

- obvious -

what concerns me is some accessing pseudo diagnosis’ from questionable sources. Or maybe from groups or individuals trained to do partial assessments.

in this matter the only persons that should be making a diagnosis of ASD or anything the like, are trained professionals like Psychologists or GP’s with additional training.

there is a reason why it costs so much.

—- A consultant psychologist with the appropriate accreditation, and the ability to produce a full report with a backing letter. Will be supported by the NHS.

I went the private route, presented my results to my gp and was supported in obtaining medication for my anxiety.

• Diagnosis is a hot topic on here.

my personal feeling on the topic, is you have a few choices.

NHS can be challenging, but obviously financially more viable option.

Private can be rapid (relatively) but far more costly.

- obvious -

what concerns me is some accessing pseudo diagnosis’ from questionable sources. Or maybe from groups or individuals trained to do partial assessments.

in this matter the only persons that should be making a diagnosis of ASD or anything the like, are trained professionals like Psychologists or GP’s with additional training.

there is a reason why it costs so much.

—- A consultant psychologist with the appropriate accreditation, and the ability to produce a full report with a backing letter. Will be supported by the NHS.

I went the private route, presented my results to my gp and was supported in obtaining medication for my anxiety.

Children
No Data