False Evidence Appearing Real

I believe that this world - further to the responses about one of my threads - is governed by irrational fear to such an extent that society feels the need to eliminate risk.

Those who never made a mistake made nothing. The Wright Brothers' first attempt to create a flying machine ended up in the lake. Risk is part and parcel of learning.

End of Story.

Parents
  • every day is a risk ----- and a opportunity  to be alive another day so enjoy it Slight smile

"Goat" smyth

...  was declared dead twice before he was 25 in 2 separate vehicle accidents. The last one left him with a scare which wraps around his body several times in a spiral where he was ripped open by a tractor "power take" off ( drive shaft ).  They sowed him back up again and he was fine. 

• Yeah - I've had 10 very near-death experiences so far in my life - it's been like "Final Destination".  Smiley

I'm 7 months into a 3-6 month prognosis.      Every day that I'm still here is the best day ever.  Smiley     

I'm so comfortable with risk that I might take up smoking  Smiley

• Yeah - I've had 10 very near-death experiences so far in my life - it's been like "Final Destination".  Smiley

I'm 7 months into a 3-6 month prognosis.      Every day that I'm still here is the best day ever.  Smiley     

I'm so comfortable with risk that I might take up smoking  Smiley

Children
No Data