What TV shows do you like?

Are there any shows that are helping you get through the strange days we're living through?

I like those reality competitions e.g. the Bake Off, Sewing Bee, Best Home Cook, Pottery Throwdown etc. And things like Bridgerton and Winx, which are total fantasy escapes from reality.

I also remembered Detectorists. Does anyone watch that? A nice, subtle series with nothing horrible happening.

Parents
  • We've been watching re-runs of Blake's 7. Anyone else remember those? Oh. My. God. The dodgy sets and special effects! Although the conflict between the Federation and the rebels is interesting, and the conflict between Blake and Avon is well done.

• I really liked Blake's 7 when I was a kid.

I think Avon was my favourite character. Hmm

My infant school headmistress looked a bit like Servalan, which was quite intimidating when I got called in for misbehaving!

• Oh yes, Avon was the favourite of me and my mum. Not sure why now, he's cold and calculating isn't he. I think he was everyone's favourite because just occasionally he helped someone out. Blake was too much of a goody goody.

Was Servalan the woman with very short brown hair?

• Oh yes, Avon was the favourite of me and my mum. Not sure why now, he's cold and calculating isn't he. I think he was everyone's favourite because just occasionally he helped someone out. Blake was too much of a goody goody.

Was Servalan the woman with very short brown hair?

Children