Mortgage

Hello, 

We are a family of three. Our child is autistic and has sensory integration difficulties. The problem is that we live in one bedroom flat (35 m2) and we have no space to make OT activities or to play. Moreover, there is dump in each room and our child often gets allergy reaction. We have been living in this place for eight years and are desperate to change the flat for bigger accommodation. Will there be a chance to get a mortgage in situation where only one person in our family works full time?  Our child receives DLA (higher rate) and we have some other benefits. We wonder if banks consider benefits as income? We would be grateful for your comments. 

Many thanks!

Parents
  • I wanted to get a mortgage a long time ago to move in with my family. It took ten years to pay back the loan. We almost couldn't make it, but luckily, my parents helped with the money shortage. I always knew I wanted to pay it off sooner to get rid of the debt and not owe something to someone. As someone else commented, the mental health of not owing anyone anything was my main motivation. Now I want to get another mortgage for my daughter and was thinking about applying at [Removed by Mod]. We will work together to pay back the loan, but for now, I want her to be independent and live on her own.

• This reply was deleted.
Reply Children
  • Reminder Rule 8  - Recommendations are welcome. If you’ve found a service, book, helpline, or product helpful, feel free to share. If you are using an affiliate link, please advise of this in your post or comment. We do not allow users to register an account with us primarily to advertise, or sell, products and services.