Cash or card?

With the pandemic and multiple lockdowns, there have been a few changes to life.

One still puzzles me.

When paying, some places are card only, others cash only.  Why the inconsistency?

In my local shopping area.

KFC is card only.

Chinese takeaway is cash only.

Indian takeaway is also cash only.

Why?

Parents
  • At least in the card loving country of Sweden, where banks don't like money and the only organisations that want to keep the cash is the government, the central bank and the senior association, have more stores started to only take card or recommend card payments and they are blaming the virus, even though the authorities have said that cash doesn't increase the risk of spreading diseases than before. It should be quite obvious that they are lying, since most people pay with card and they want to get rid of the cash costs since they are the same no matter how much money they handle. When the local traffic authority moved their ticket shop they stopped accepting cash and said it was for the safety of staff (which still both had and has a tick glass window in front of them and had a rotating thing to get the cash and tickets to the other side of the window making it hard to rob them, but what they didn't mention in the public information but was the only thing they had in the records from the meeting was that they would save some money, not an especially huge amount though, but still, that was the reason. And that they who wanted to pay with cash could go to the magazine store next door (which also is much easier to rob) Of course money can spread diseases, card readers do too, but people shouldn't lick on their fingers, no matter how they pay and they should wash them carefully and we all know when.

I don't know what I want to say with this. But as it has been mentioned before: small stores only take cash to make it easier to cheat with taxes, big stores only take card to save money from cash handling since they can cheat with taxes anyway.

And the virus is just an excuse. Because in the end, it's all about money.

I guess I'm a bit upset because I don't like to pay with card at all.

• That was a bit more than I planned to write. I'm sorry.

Reply Children
No Data