Alcohol

Is drinking a wearing experience for you? For me, like for everyone, the way I react to this depends on the type of the drink and my previous state (like if I have eaten anything or not) but it's not a pleasure! I feel like I need to focus more on functioning, I waste more energy. I feel as if someone hit me on the head - that's a perfect explanation of how I cope with alcohol. Does any of you react in this way? Is it a type of hypersensitivity? Do any of you react differently? 

Also, I hate how alcohol steals my ability to think, to notice things. I like thinking!

Parents Reply Children
  • It's legal and accepted in our society. I grew up where alcoholism either was laughed-off or considered perfectly normal or even encouraged as some kind of machoism or coming of age nonsense. I've found that in North America and the UK  it is more encouraged as normal, where as, in Europe and other places, it is much more balanced and integrated at appropriated times, such as festivals, outdoor eating/events, music festivals etc etc