denied jobs because im autistic

I am constantly being denied jobs because im Autistic does this happen to anyone else

Parents Reply Children
  • where what company ?

• I have testing experience, from 21-22 years ago, then did a refresher course in testing in 2015.

I might consider returning to that field; if need be.

• which GCSE ? may I ask 

• Okay, I will look into this. 

I am studying to get the gcse I did not get in school hoping that with the qualification I can train as something and get a stable job. 

• you can be. i have a qualification "Foundation in testing" but i was testing years before i got it. I was trained in 4 weeks then  straight into a job. It was  a government unemployed ( non IT ) graduates scheme.

i think u have to be keen to do it. U have to be able to handle developers and pressure. It can be very boring one minute high pressure next week and you can be treated really badly at times.

I am a manual tester there are now automated testers who use code to test software. They are more in favour at the moment and paid way more. I am lucky I am relatively higly paid for a tester. Manual Testers salary  is 18k to 25k  automated 35k - 40k developers 40K- 55 K

• I worked in finance, but I was let go during the lockdown. 

Do you have to be certified to be a bug hunter or can anyone Learn relatively quickly?

I'm looking for work so I'm asking these types of questions to everyone at the moment.