denied jobs because im autistic

I am constantly being denied jobs because im Autistic does this happen to anyone else

Parents
  • At the job cente I was given a personal helper after my diagnosis. Prior to this I had gotten jobs myself. My helper would phone up companies and mention that she was acting on behalf of someone with a disability and the call would never go any further than this

• at least in this case the job centre could confirm what you where saying is true . People with autism are in a catch 22 whereby many cant work because of their disability and at same time are refused PIP   most of the time.

• Hi Aidie,

Honestly I have tried with all of my consciousness to be an outstanding and productive employee. 

It is obvious however no matter how hard I try, the mental blind spot I have is so apparent that any organisation would find it hard to justify the limits of my ability to perform tasks that other can perform with ease to thier customers, clients and their overall bottom line.

Given this reasoning a framework of financial support among other area of support needed become apparent.

The argument is why should people pay for our support?

For example if the government did not exist tomorrow who would we rely on, what would we do?

As a society that cares for those who cannot for what ever reason care for them selves, what is the reasonable limit to this society's capacity to care and support and by what method do we distinguish who needs what help. 

For me I will work happily given the chance, but at what wage? 

The jobs offered are often low wage jobs on zero hour contracts, I find that the situation is one of disadvantage and perpetual poverty. 

All in all it comes down to natural selection, perhaps that's why we see such a high number of people with learning disabilities lock away in prisons. 

• I'm not sure what the clown thing is about. 

But I would just love for a clear structured system with concise rulse made in reason that are easily to understand when it comes to supporting people with disabilities. 

And laws against thing's like zero hour contracts, and laws stating that a company should hire you after working for them through and agency after a year of being with them. 

I find it hard to know if what I'm saying is understandable. 

What do you think about what I've said? 

• i agree pretty much with all u are saying. You do sound reasonably conscientious to me. I would love you to be working because right now there is so much to be done. 

dont being feeling bad about yourself . u sound such a nice person

Heart

• i agree pretty much with all u are saying. You do sound reasonably conscientious to me. I would love you to be working because right now there is so much to be done. 

dont being feeling bad about yourself . u sound such a nice person

Heart

Children
  • I'm not sure what the clown thing is about. 

But I would just love for a clear structured system with concise rulse made in reason that are easily to understand when it comes to supporting people with disabilities. 

And laws against thing's like zero hour contracts, and laws stating that a company should hire you after working for them through and agency after a year of being with them. 

I find it hard to know if what I'm saying is understandable. 

What do you think about what I've said?