Black Lives Matter Campaign

I know that in the current climate, that this subject is delicate and controversial overall. However, does anyone else feel that the "Black Lives Matter Campaign" has gone too far? I think that it should be "ALL Lives Matter".

Voice actors from many popular animated series are stepping down from their roles because "They are considered racist".

The MINORITY (I add in capital letters) of the black ethnicity of the population, seem to be using it as an excuse to commit acts of extreme public disorder and destruction of property for no good reason.

I can remember, as a small child, watching Tom and Jerry cartoons that had the character of Mammy Two Shoes. Of course, I was only about 6 at the time, and I was unaware of the subject of racism. I also, currently, watch classic British sitcoms such as "Love Thy Neighbour", Til' Death us Do Part", "In Sickness and In Health" among others, which WOULD NOT be shown today. I don't think that sitcoms such as this were ever meant to be offensive. They were simply meant to be funny. Many members of the cast of these sitcoms that were enemies ON-SCREEN, were actually best friends OFF-SCREEN. 

The American group "The Dixie Chicks" have changed their name.

The USA can't escape their historical connection to the Triangular Trade, and their Confederate history any more than the UK can. It wasn't a good period in either nations histories. However, we can take a lesson from those that are depicted in statues and other works of art, in the manner that "These people did this, don't make their mistakes".

I am a descendant of the generation of the "Baby-Boomers" that would often be considered to be racist. However, my parents don't care about a person's ethnicity, as long as THEY are treated with the same respect and dignity that they would give anyone else.

What are your views?

Parents Reply Children
No Data