Any Nice Wildlife Encounters?

Is anything nice happening in nature near you?

There are fox cubs a few gardens away - they come and visit as the sun goes down - they are getting very bold.......

Parents
  • And now I've just rescued a baby sparrow.     He somehow managed to get into the loft void space - we could hear him all morning - so now he's sitting in a bucket in the kitchen with a drink and something to eat.     He's very young - his wing feathers are not fully grown.

Anyone got any ideas for what to do with him?

Update - it turns out he's a young Robin - I was advised to take him in the bucket to the end of the garden - there are some Robins down there so he can squawk to them.      I released him later into the bushes there.

• And now I've just rescued a baby sparrow.     He somehow managed to get into the loft void space - we could hear him all morning - so now he's sitting in a bucket in the kitchen with a drink and something to eat.     He's very young - his wing feathers are not fully grown.

Anyone got any ideas for what to do with him?

Update - it turns out he's a young Robin - I was advised to take him in the bucket to the end of the garden - there are some Robins down there so he can squawk to them.      I released him later into the bushes there.

Children
No Data