Supermarket annoyance.

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with an ASC of the Aspergers type last year. 

I thought I'd see how everyone else is coping with lack of essentials in supermarkets due to panic buying of customers and stock pilling because of the Covid-19 virus impacting our lives?

I cannot stand doing my weekly shop as it is on a Sunday but even more so now that every time I have gone recently through the week for toilet roll I cannot seem to find any anywhere not only that but they are more busier than usual.

I have seen the true selfishness of people with the thought of "me, me, me" springs to mind of some people I see in shops. I cannot help but think if everyone just bought what they needed that there would be more than enough to go around everyone.

I'm approaching almost a week with no toilet paper which is really angering me even though I'm using tissue paper and kitchen roll. I have a family of five so as you can imagine we get through quite a lot through the week but having said that usually 9 rolls will last a week.

Anyway my question to you all is how are you all finding the current situation we are living in? Do you think the supermarkets could have done/do more to enable all of us to continue to buy basic essentials without a problem?

Anyway sorry if it comes across as a whinge but I needed some where to vent my feelings.

Parents
  • I now shop at the smaller supermarkets and more unpopular shops, they may have a smaller range of goods, but at least service is fast.

The queues in the main supermarkets have become ridiculous just before Easter, at waitrose the queue has split,  there were now two feeder queues, queuing to get to the end of the real queue. 

• I now shop at the smaller supermarkets and more unpopular shops, they may have a smaller range of goods, but at least service is fast.

The queues in the main supermarkets have become ridiculous just before Easter, at waitrose the queue has split,  there were now two feeder queues, queuing to get to the end of the real queue. 

Children
No Data