Supermarket annoyance.

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with an ASC of the Aspergers type last year. 

I thought I'd see how everyone else is coping with lack of essentials in supermarkets due to panic buying of customers and stock pilling because of the Covid-19 virus impacting our lives?

I cannot stand doing my weekly shop as it is on a Sunday but even more so now that every time I have gone recently through the week for toilet roll I cannot seem to find any anywhere not only that but they are more busier than usual.

I have seen the true selfishness of people with the thought of "me, me, me" springs to mind of some people I see in shops. I cannot help but think if everyone just bought what they needed that there would be more than enough to go around everyone.

I'm approaching almost a week with no toilet paper which is really angering me even though I'm using tissue paper and kitchen roll. I have a family of five so as you can imagine we get through quite a lot through the week but having said that usually 9 rolls will last a week.

Anyway my question to you all is how are you all finding the current situation we are living in? Do you think the supermarkets could have done/do more to enable all of us to continue to buy basic essentials without a problem?

Anyway sorry if it comes across as a whinge but I needed some where to vent my feelings.

Parents
  • I'm finding the supermarkets tricky too - I got really bad sensory overload in Asda earlier this week. It was so busy and chaotic, I couldn't find the essentials I needed, and it was really stressful. I did notice a few days ago that Lidl seemed to have more stock and was quieter than other shops. I've also found local corner shops quieter and less stressful, even if they don't have the same range of stock. I'm currently self-isolating and doing okay (thankfully, I managed to find the stuff I needed before I had to self-isolate), but I'm having to find ways to manage my anxiety due to all the uncertainty at the moment. I think supermarkets could help by putting limits on the number of items people buy, apart from where there are extenuating circumstances (e.g. where people are shopping for both themselves and a vulnerable relative) - not sure how you'd prove those circumstances though. I think the staff on the ground are doing an amazing job, but the companies could do with finding ways to make the shops a calmer environment and prevent stockpiling.

While I'm at home, I'm just finding ways to keep myself busy, as well as putting time aside to relax. Hope you're doing okay and that things improve over time.

• I'm finding the supermarkets tricky too - I got really bad sensory overload in Asda earlier this week. It was so busy and chaotic, I couldn't find the essentials I needed, and it was really stressful. I did notice a few days ago that Lidl seemed to have more stock and was quieter than other shops. I've also found local corner shops quieter and less stressful, even if they don't have the same range of stock. I'm currently self-isolating and doing okay (thankfully, I managed to find the stuff I needed before I had to self-isolate), but I'm having to find ways to manage my anxiety due to all the uncertainty at the moment. I think supermarkets could help by putting limits on the number of items people buy, apart from where there are extenuating circumstances (e.g. where people are shopping for both themselves and a vulnerable relative) - not sure how you'd prove those circumstances though. I think the staff on the ground are doing an amazing job, but the companies could do with finding ways to make the shops a calmer environment and prevent stockpiling.

While I'm at home, I'm just finding ways to keep myself busy, as well as putting time aside to relax. Hope you're doing okay and that things improve over time.

Children
No Data