What Happens If Someone Tries A Discussion About "Ecology Versus Economy " ("Climate Change") Upon This Forum

Greetings, Anyone. I do not Post as Frequently as I used to. But this is a "Hot Topic" socially right now, but, a bit like CARS, no-one started a Thread about it.

My question is... the folly of "because One cannot see it, then it does no-one harm?"

...With regards to "Climate Change", this here WWW/Internet... & Electricity, Smartphones, Radiowaves, UHF, Mining Rare Minerals for said products, etc... All of this activity grows exponentially, just like the Population. Both are harmful in My Own opinion... but I am, um, 'insignificant'... so I was wondering about what anyone else's opinions about "Climate Change" are here in general.

(Beware I often have to sign off abruptly, sorry. But I post this and see if/how anyone else is interested in anyone else about it all.) From Me, Good Fortune To All Good People.

Parents
  • I believe in the Science. I also support Extinction Rebellion but from home as i don't go out much at the moment. Used to be more into political activism but found it stressful in the end. I'm glad i did it though.

I think if you want to bring class into it you can talk about the bosses and shareholders of Oil and Gas companies.  About as working class as messrs Farage and Johnson i think.  Anyway it's the political influence of these large companies that is keeping the problem unsolved.  I think most voters of both the major political parties want it solved.

• They're upper class, but so are the double-barrelled folk who are the mouthpieces of XR. 

• Who cares? I'm a Posties son and i don't.  That's a distraction from the issue.

• it's a spectrum thing. I have to check i've not offended anyone.  Keeping on the good side of other humans is difficult.

• (I reply to the reply not at myself!)

This is okay, do not worry... because I began the Thread, I keep warning to keep things polite so that the *dreaded NAS* does not censor it...!! I wrote below that I can agree with certain parts from everyone and the rest of the parts are learning for Me.

• I don't mean to come across as blunt or rude. I have strident opinions and that can be alienating for some.  (Just checking i've not upset you as i'm a friendly fella)

• I don't mean to come across as blunt or rude. I have strident opinions and that can be alienating for some.

• There are many ways to penalise poorer folk without hurting the rich much. It's like organic veg, posh folk have it all the time but the main reason a lot of folk don't buy it because they can't afford it. If you charge people more money for their gas bills, it doesn't hurt the rich who can afford to swop out their heating systems and boilers, but it does hurt poor people who have to choose between heating and eating.

...Hear Hear! (In agreement with that last post, there.)

(...I began this Thread... it really is turning into a long-needed thing. I keep upvoting and Thanking... Wow, this is all awesome. But I say again, try not to get too heated Anyone... and still no comments about "radiation" yet either?)

• There are many ways to penalise poorer folk without hurting the rich much. It's like organic veg, posh folk have it all the time but the main reason a lot of folk don't buy it because they can't afford it. If you charge people more money for their gas bills, it doesn't hurt the rich who can afford to swop out their heating systems and boilers, but it does hurt poor people who have to choose between heating and eating.

Children