Developing "special Interest"? about psychedelic research and experiences

I don't know if this thread will get pulled or not I hope it doesn't.  I self-identify as being on the spectrum. I've gone off reading and resesrching about autism since I have developed a very keen interest in psychedelics.  Not to take. But ive been reading up about a particular one since the Monday just after Christmas when a very brief conversation with a friend set the spark going. 

It's like I cannot get enough of it. YouTube,  forums, articles, studies. I bought a book by rick strassman and read it inside a week and a half. I finished it tonight so ive been looking at what other books i can buy. Ive stsrted in a youtube audio book by terencr mckenna. I've been looking online at which psychedelics I could grow in my garden. I've been reading about microdosing. I've been reading accounts of people's trips. I've been looking into how to take part in research. Reading up about the powerful effevts is changing how i see the wotld and im changing my beliefs from material to spiritual. I have only talked to one person about it all as he's very open to "talking deep".

I still wonder if I'm on the spectrum. (And it's not just because of interests... I have plenty of other reasons too...)

Does anyone else share this interest?

Has anyone got any first hand experience of this subject? 

Parents
  • Hi,

I’ve been doing some research on this also. May I ask for what sparked your curiosity in the beginning?

Have you looked up Paul Stemets a mycologist whose a former associate of Terrence McKenna? He has some great insights into the subject and there is also a professor at the imperial college, London who’s conducting similar experiments into the benefits of such substances although I cannot recall her name right now.

I have ASD and with it an anxiety disorder and I have depended on pharmaceutical drugs prescribed to me for the last three years but they don’t fix things really they just mask them. I’ve read that recent studies on psilocybin have claimed that one or two sessions under the right conditions and doses can have miraculous results for helping with depression, anxiety and trauma to name but a few.

I’d be up for discussion on this subject as well as spirituality as you briefly mentioned as these are two subjects I adore.

I have in the past dabbled with different substances but I was to immature and self destructive to benefit from them in my younger years. The worse substance for me was alcohol as it became problematic...but that’s another story and I’m going off topic so..., yeah. 

Look forward to your response 

ATK

• Hello! I haven't heard of paul stamets but I will check him out. I've looked into robin cahart-harris and imperial college London studies and the one they are currently recruiting for isn't suitable for me. I suppose there is the idea that one is 'safer' if taking psychedelics in a medical setting but there are still risks. I'm very risk averse, I'm not sure if I ever would actually take any! What about you? I suppose frame of mind snd setting have a big impact though. 

Yes I'm taking an SSRI for GAD, it's helping with physical symptoms but they don't stop some things being difficult. Just a bit easier to manage. SSRIs were a last resort for me as I didn't want to put chemicals into my body. However I've since thought that,  it just molecules going into your body whether it be in the shape of a white pill or something more natural. I've read about how doses of psilocybin can help with poor mental health and microdosing of other psychedelics could help.

There's so much I want to say on this subject. What sparked it for me was when my friend just mentioned her fella had been at his mates house and the mates were smoking DMT "it's a chemical you release when you die". I then realised I'd watched a bamned ted talk by Graham Hancock a few months previously on ayahuasca. It all started to come together.

Imy interests have more often than not learned toward....meaning of life,  space, universe, perception, identity,  counter culture, psychology,  nature, in my younger years the paranormal, in my recent years quantum physics and science. What about you? How has it become an interest to you? 

• Hello! I haven't heard of paul stamets but I will check him out. I've looked into robin cahart-harris and imperial college London studies and the one they are currently recruiting for isn't suitable for me. I suppose there is the idea that one is 'safer' if taking psychedelics in a medical setting but there are still risks. I'm very risk averse, I'm not sure if I ever would actually take any! What about you? I suppose frame of mind snd setting have a big impact though. 

Yes I'm taking an SSRI for GAD, it's helping with physical symptoms but they don't stop some things being difficult. Just a bit easier to manage. SSRIs were a last resort for me as I didn't want to put chemicals into my body. However I've since thought that,  it just molecules going into your body whether it be in the shape of a white pill or something more natural. I've read about how doses of psilocybin can help with poor mental health and microdosing of other psychedelics could help.

There's so much I want to say on this subject. What sparked it for me was when my friend just mentioned her fella had been at his mates house and the mates were smoking DMT "it's a chemical you release when you die". I then realised I'd watched a bamned ted talk by Graham Hancock a few months previously on ayahuasca. It all started to come together.

Imy interests have more often than not learned toward....meaning of life,  space, universe, perception, identity,  counter culture, psychology,  nature, in my younger years the paranormal, in my recent years quantum physics and science. What about you? How has it become an interest to you? 

Children
No Data