2am. Just woke up again and can't sleep.

When I am sleeping it's just nightmares.  I've just woken up from one.

So I'll just blog about my days.

My days are busy,  but I can't find a paid job to pay the rent. 

I get referred from one advisor to another.  My mental health employment advisor has now referred me to scope, the scope advisor has recommended more training and courses to fill my skills gap.

In the last few weeks I've done week long courses on:

1. Introduction to customer care. 
  2. Customer care plus.
  3. Introduction to business administration. 
  4. Introduction to retail. 

One day courses on:

1. Managing personal finance.
  2. Health and safety. 
  3. Equality and diversity 
  4. Healthy living.

Now I'm taking the functional English course, trying to get up to an acceptable level 2 in English. The formal grammar and jargon is gobbledegook to me.

Tomorrow I also have an interview for more unpaid volunteering work, greeting people arriving in hospitals.

What a life. I wish I was born an eccentric millionaire. 

Parents
  • Hi

I’m not usually in the random topics section but popped in and saw this.

Quick thoughts: have you ever considered an apprenticeship as a way into work? They are not like they used to be in the 70s/80s (I’m in my 40s).

You can go in at different levels right up to Masters equivalent so give them a proper look. Government agencies such as the NHS will do them but also private companies. If you have an interest in photography maybe your local newspaper would consider a photographer apprenticeship???

If you are going insane with the banal courses you are being put forward for maybe consider asking the agency which is helping you to focus their efforts on getting you a decent apprenticeship...

I am useless at photography. You obviously have a passion and a real talent: make it work for you.

Best wishes 

• Hi

Quick thoughts: have you ever considered an apprenticeship as a way into work? They are not like they used to be in the 70s/80s (I’m in my 40s).

You can go in at different levels right up to Masters equivalent so give them a proper look. Government agencies such as the NHS will do them but also private companies. If you have an interest in photography maybe your local newspaper would consider a photographer apprenticeship???

If you are going insane with the banal courses you are being put forward for maybe consider asking the agency which is helping you to focus their efforts on getting you a decent apprenticeship...

I am useless at photography. You obviously have a passion and a real talent: make it work for you.

Best wishes 

Children
  • Greetings, this might be long, but...

...Pretty much the topics aspect in this forum is not always paid attention to, so I would say to not pay attention to that. E.G. Parents with Children... they are *everywhere*...

...This sounds like good advice. I really mean that. The thing is... not everyone has an "agency", You probably know that, though. I identify with Mr Robert in the "having 'fantastic amazing skill(s)' but no *recent* qualifications, also and being 'old' (i.e. NOT aged under 30!)... and the thing of gaining a qualification only to have it outdated less than a week after". I have found that it is "who you know not what you know" that is the thing in this reality...

There are a lot of traps and pits, yet there are boosts and hills in life... it is not fair and I do not like it... so Thank You for Your advice, here. Please take Money into account as well. Again I say that I totally meant everything which I said earlier in this Thread. (I write this for Mr.Robert123 to see it as well.) I wait to see how this Thread progresses. Thank You, "ItsMyMind" in any case.