Can’t sleep, again!

Despite having taken my Nytol at 9pm intending to have an early night, and despite being sure that it kicked in over an hour ago, I still can’t get my stupid brain go switch off enough to fall asleep!

Parents
  • Breathe in count one Breathe out count two Breathe in count one Breathe out count two.....

I rarely have that fail but failing that an audiobook or podcast on very quietly, but I chose a soothing voice rather than interesting content - I don't recommend you go off hunting for soothing voices at this time of night I have a couple of audiobooks that I keep for just such occasions. I also find that if I take something like Nytol too early I tend to fight through it a bit so it ends up being less effective. 

LoveOnTheNHS also makes a good point, sometimes we don't realise we are hungry, thirsty, chilly. 

• Thank you!I will try the breathing exercises, failing that I have found in the past that counting slowly while visualising each number stops my mind thinking about everything enough to get me to sleep, so I could try that too! 

• I think that's the thing isn't it - its stopping your brain running away with its self, the repetition of counting gives your brain no room to do its own thing. What ever you do be kind to your self. Hugging

• I think that's the thing isn't it - its stopping your brain running away with its self, the repetition of counting gives your brain no room to do its own thing. What ever you do be kind to your self. Hugging

Children