Can’t sleep, again!

Despite having taken my Nytol at 9pm intending to have an early night, and despite being sure that it kicked in over an hour ago, I still can’t get my stupid brain go switch off enough to fall asleep!

Parents
  • Breathe in count one Breathe out count two Breathe in count one Breathe out count two.....

I rarely have that fail but failing that an audiobook or podcast on very quietly, but I chose a soothing voice rather than interesting content - I don't recommend you go off hunting for soothing voices at this time of night I have a couple of audiobooks that I keep for just such occasions. I also find that if I take something like Nytol too early I tend to fight through it a bit so it ends up being less effective. 

LoveOnTheNHS also makes a good point, sometimes we don't realise we are hungry, thirsty, chilly. 

• Breathe in count one Breathe out count two Breathe in count one Breathe out count two.....

I rarely have that fail but failing that an audiobook or podcast on very quietly, but I chose a soothing voice rather than interesting content - I don't recommend you go off hunting for soothing voices at this time of night I have a couple of audiobooks that I keep for just such occasions. I also find that if I take something like Nytol too early I tend to fight through it a bit so it ends up being less effective. 

LoveOnTheNHS also makes a good point, sometimes we don't realise we are hungry, thirsty, chilly. 

Children
  • Thank you!I will try the breathing exercises, failing that I have found in the past that counting slowly while visualising each number stops my mind thinking about everything enough to get me to sleep, so I could try that too!