What's in your lunchbox? :)

Every day at work heated in a microwave:

Frozen Corn, Edamame beans/Broad Beans

Fresh Broccoli, Carrot, Sweet potato. (Geez I love fresh Broc- why I hated it as a kid I don't know)

Something crunchy: Croquette, breadcrumbed proteiny food

Chicken soup as a sauce

Grated cheese on top

I feel blessed I'm happy to eat the same thing every day

PotatoCornStew 

Parents
  • No lunch box, but where I last worked, there was a great little sandwich shop just around the corner; baps the size of your head, fresh fillings from local butchers/greengrocers, always made to order, and cheaper than Subway etc. too. It became a running joke after a while that for the whole 3-4 years, I always ordered exactly the same thing (chicken mayo on wholemeal with salad). My colleagues found a different part of my lunchtime routine amusing - in the whole time I was there, I never once remembered to ask them not to put any tomato in the salad, so every single lunchtime I would sit back at my desk and starting rummaging around in my butty to fish it out!

God forbid that I had a late lunch and they'd run out of my "usual" - aaargh, the only half-hour in the working day when I had no decisions to make completely ruined!

Honestly though, the monotony of my diet would probably shock most people. At the bottom of my rucksack, there's usually a big clump of old Tesco receipts, and I'll bet you that there's barely a single item's difference between any of them. I can carry enough home to do me for about three days, and that's about all that will fit in my share of the kitchen cupboards anyway, so exactly the same meals go round and round on a 3-4 day cycle. I've always wished for a little hatch in my tummy that I could just throw bits of wood and coal into, like a pot-bellied stove - I find even the eating a chore most days, never mind the cooking or the shopping.

• No lunch box, but where I last worked, there was a great little sandwich shop just around the corner; baps the size of your head, fresh fillings from local butchers/greengrocers, always made to order, and cheaper than Subway etc. too. It became a running joke after a while that for the whole 3-4 years, I always ordered exactly the same thing (chicken mayo on wholemeal with salad). My colleagues found a different part of my lunchtime routine amusing - in the whole time I was there, I never once remembered to ask them not to put any tomato in the salad, so every single lunchtime I would sit back at my desk and starting rummaging around in my butty to fish it out!

God forbid that I had a late lunch and they'd run out of my "usual" - aaargh, the only half-hour in the working day when I had no decisions to make completely ruined!

Honestly though, the monotony of my diet would probably shock most people. At the bottom of my rucksack, there's usually a big clump of old Tesco receipts, and I'll bet you that there's barely a single item's difference between any of them. I can carry enough home to do me for about three days, and that's about all that will fit in my share of the kitchen cupboards anyway, so exactly the same meals go round and round on a 3-4 day cycle. I've always wished for a little hatch in my tummy that I could just throw bits of wood and coal into, like a pot-bellied stove - I find even the eating a chore most days, never mind the cooking or the shopping.

Children
No Data