What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?

More light hearted fun Slight smile 

What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?

I’ll start, though mine was slightly more night terror than dream! One night last year I was dreaming that I was looking around my grandparents old house, except that there was an extra bit of house at the back, behind where the stairs were, so I went to explore it when suddenly a ghost jumped out and grabbed me by the wrists! I could physically feel something holding my wrists too, I remember physically shaking myself to wake up! Had to sleep with the door ajar for a few weeks afterwards too!

Parents
  • Well this one was.....weird .....

Last night had me dreaming that I was on some kind of cultural exchange visit to a fairly poor part of Florida or somewhere similar. I was being shown around a small caravan in which my host family lived. Then we went out on a road trip, and whilst out for a walk in a field I noticed a dead fox roll down a small bank onto a road. As I was telling someone about it, another dead fox followed it. We investigated a bit, and suddenly there was the biggest snake I've ever seen, and it started chasing me. All I had to defend myself with was a blowtorch on a stick (like you use for clearing weeds) and I pointed it at the snake's head on full blast, but the snake kept coming. Eventually the blowtorch was in the snake's mouth, and I could see the fire through its flesh, but it kept coming. This went on for a while until I turned the flame off so that the snake filled with gas, then re-ignited it so that the snake exploded. I was then covered in snake guts. Then we are on some railway tracks and there's a train coming, and the train tracks suddenly exist on the roof rack of a van and two young men are fooling about on the roof of the van. I tell them to move quickly as the rails turn into sharp blades and I know they will be cut to bits when the train (which isn't a train anymore but an undefined mechanical threat) arrives. Then I'm in a nearby field with my wife, and a drone powered with artificial intelligence turns up to look at us, threatens us with a circular saw attachment, seems not to be able to decide whether to attack us properly or not, and them makes a threatening shape at us and goes off to find the men on the roof of the van. Finally, we are in a small portacabin having been chased by a baby rhino which is now crashing through the glass of the door. I urge someone with a gun (who might have been my dad) to shoot it, and they finally fire about 6 rounds into its neck at zero range. I sob my heart out over the dead rhino, and in the dream I'm amazed at the strength of emotion which is more than anything I've felt in years.

• Well this one was.....weird .....

Last night had me dreaming that I was on some kind of cultural exchange visit to a fairly poor part of Florida or somewhere similar. I was being shown around a small caravan in which my host family lived. Then we went out on a road trip, and whilst out for a walk in a field I noticed a dead fox roll down a small bank onto a road. As I was telling someone about it, another dead fox followed it. We investigated a bit, and suddenly there was the biggest snake I've ever seen, and it started chasing me. All I had to defend myself with was a blowtorch on a stick (like you use for clearing weeds) and I pointed it at the snake's head on full blast, but the snake kept coming. Eventually the blowtorch was in the snake's mouth, and I could see the fire through its flesh, but it kept coming. This went on for a while until I turned the flame off so that the snake filled with gas, then re-ignited it so that the snake exploded. I was then covered in snake guts. Then we are on some railway tracks and there's a train coming, and the train tracks suddenly exist on the roof rack of a van and two young men are fooling about on the roof of the van. I tell them to move quickly as the rails turn into sharp blades and I know they will be cut to bits when the train (which isn't a train anymore but an undefined mechanical threat) arrives. Then I'm in a nearby field with my wife, and a drone powered with artificial intelligence turns up to look at us, threatens us with a circular saw attachment, seems not to be able to decide whether to attack us properly or not, and them makes a threatening shape at us and goes off to find the men on the roof of the van. Finally, we are in a small portacabin having been chased by a baby rhino which is now crashing through the glass of the door. I urge someone with a gun (who might have been my dad) to shoot it, and they finally fire about 6 rounds into its neck at zero range. I sob my heart out over the dead rhino, and in the dream I'm amazed at the strength of emotion which is more than anything I've felt in years.

Children