Tea or coffee?

I’m just finishing my 3rd coffee of the day (I really need to cut down again!) and just wondered what hot drink other people prefer? Are you a coffee drinker or do you prefer tea or perhaps you like herbal tea (good flavour recommendations welcome!) or something else? How do you take your tea/coffee/other. I drink strong black coffee with no milk or sugar but with half cold water due to sensitive gums; I don’t drink tea but do drink herbal teas depending on the flavour, lemon, ginger and manuka honey is a current favourite but peppermint and liquorice is a recent fail on the herbal tea front!

Parents
  • I used to drink latte made with Ethiopian beans lightly roasted and demerara sugar in the morning then broken orange pekoe in the afternoon. Now I've had to give up coffee because of reflux and generally fragile gut so I make South Indian chai in the morning then mostly drink pekoe or Earl Grey for the rest of the day or pop some cardamom, licorice and aniseed into the pot with clipper teabags for my stomach. In the summer I sometimes drink yunnan with lemon. Occasionally I have hibiscus tea with a little licorice or mint with fennel, licorice and black pepper. I've started using xylitol instead of sugar, seems to help the digestion and reduce jitters.

• These drinks all seem very tasty Yum apart from liquorice which I’m not a huge fan of. Cardamom is good, I like aniseed too but I seem to have developed a mild allergy to it which is annoying! I like how you’re using the spices and herbs medicinally in your tea Slight smile

• These drinks all seem very tasty Yum apart from liquorice which I’m not a huge fan of. Cardamom is good, I like aniseed too but I seem to have developed a mild allergy to it which is annoying! I like how you’re using the spices and herbs medicinally in your tea Slight smile

Children
No Data