Tea or coffee?

I’m just finishing my 3rd coffee of the day (I really need to cut down again!) and just wondered what hot drink other people prefer? Are you a coffee drinker or do you prefer tea or perhaps you like herbal tea (good flavour recommendations welcome!) or something else? How do you take your tea/coffee/other. I drink strong black coffee with no milk or sugar but with half cold water due to sensitive gums; I don’t drink tea but do drink herbal teas depending on the flavour, lemon, ginger and manuka honey is a current favourite but peppermint and liquorice is a recent fail on the herbal tea front!

• I spent 20 years getting my 'tea' from a machine at work.   Anything is better than that.   

My preference is:

1 Chocolate milkshake

2 Hot chocolate

3 Tea

4 Coffee. 

I refrain from the chocolate as much as possible or I'd be the size of a house.  

I tend to only drink coffee when I'm in the US as they really can't do an acceptable cup of tea.

• I personally prefer tea over coffee. I didn't drink coffee until the past couple of years (and only latte with lots of milk; and only very occasionally). I feel that coffee is too bitter so it's difficult for me to drink. I also find it hard to fall asleep if I drink coffee in the evening. 

A couple good/interesting tea recommendations to try: (1) lemongrass tea; (2) Taiwanese bubble tea; (3) milk tea with ginger (but self-brewed with fresh ginger) ; (4) honey and aloe vera tea; (5) a variety of loose leaf tea
    (compared to those made out grocery-store tea bags, I much prefer tea brewed from original ingredients or loose leaf tea)

• Coffee : ) every time. Black with no sugar. I think coffee taste like hot chocolate (I like very dark chocolate) but no one agrees with me. I drink coffee constantly through the day, which supposedly I shouldn't do because it makes you anxious, but I tried going without coffee a while ago and that made me more anxious ... Quite possibly I have a caffeine addiction. There are worse addictions : p

• Coffee, strong, black, unsweetened. I really don't like tea & never have.

As a child I had milk & two sugars in the coffee, but when I started making it myself I remember thinking that making instant coffee without milk and sugar from a recently boiled and re-boiled kettle took about half the time of making one with milk etc, and as a bonus took away the impact of the risk of running out of milk/sugar - so I switched, and I've been that way since!

I haven't ever properly counted but I'm sure it's easily 8 instant coffees a day!

• Big strong black coffee with a little spoonful of sugar, just to make it a bitter-bitter-sweet, if it makes sense. I also drink tea in the afternoon, black and unsweetened.

But reading about milkshake spurred childhood memories. On the way home from school there was this cafe, they were making plain vanilla milkshakes in front of you, a measure of ice cream, a measure of milk, probably something else but I never had the attention span to follow as I was already anticipating seeping on that fresh cold tasty glassful. Yum.

• Never used to drink either until I was probably about 30 or so. Up to that point only hot drinks I had were hot choc or hot orange/blackcurrant squash. Got a bit fed up with people at work offering me tea/coffee etc at meetings so thought "oh maybe I'd better make myself like them to fit in". Hate the smell of tea so that was a no-no, so tried coffee. Took less than two weeks for me to start really liking coffee!

Now I drink really strong coffee. Try and limit myself to 3 cups a day, and not after 7pm as it makes me wired. My preference is Kenco 3in1 sachets, as then I don;t have to judge how much coffee/sugar/milk etc. Also like tassimo americano grande pods as we have a machine at work. Usually have them black with lots of sugar. Preference if out is always a mocha.

Still like my hot choc though; and that s always my pre-bedtime drink. Oh apart from Sundays when it's usually hot squash, orange and blackcurrant mixed.

• Now!!!! I drink both tea and coffee with milk and two sugars. 

At home I prefer tea, but only specific brands.  Other brands I can't stand.  I love Ringtons tea, waitrose gold blend, Punjama,  Thompsons.  I hate brands such as PG tips,  Yorkshire tea and caffeine free tea makes me feel sick.

Away from home I always drink coffee because I can stomach any brand.

In my early childhood at home we always had tea, never coffee.  But the tea was either black, with lemon juice or wirh black/red fruit juice.  my mother never put milk in tea.  When I first came across tea with milk while on holiday, I fell in love with it.  And never drank black tea again.

• Milk above all, but if we are just talking tea or coffee, it would have to be tea.

Strong tea, two sugars, and with milk. I keep it simple. Quickbrew tea bags.

Can't drink coffee at all, makes me shake, sweat, and feel like ***.

I drink herbal teas occasionally. I like ginger and sorrel mix, or limeflower. My ex got me into a lot of the Carribean teas, those are my two favourites. Dalgety is the best brand imo, they do a lot of flavours.

This is the boss of herbal teas imo. Cheap too.

• On the way home from school there was this cafe, they were making plain vanilla milkshakes in front of you, a measure of ice cream, a measure of milk, probably something else but I never had the attention span to follow as I was already anticipating seeping on that fresh cold tasty glassful. Yum.

Now that is perfection! Vanilla shake is my fav!

• 0 views, 9 replies...gosh you aspies got stealthy! 

1 cauldron of tea in the morning, followed by 2 cups of coffee... then fingers crossed and out into the world!