People with autism can hear more than most.

As you might know, I am obsessed with my ears now.

I found this article which pleased me from The Independent

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/people-with-autism-can-hear-more-than-most-which-can-be-a-strength-and-a-challenge-a7715266.html

Enjoy Nerd

Parents
  • Yes i read this it that makes interesting reading although its a bit repetitive with 2 paragraphs repeated.

I find noise a real headache. Noise has caused me untold problems in work when trying to concentrate. Interestingly though when I was studying I always used to listen to music as well and that helped me concentrate, maybe because the noise was under my control? I went shopping to Ikea the other day and the fire alarm went off, think it was a toast burning thing, but I couldn't get out of there fast enough the noise in one of my ears especially was excruciating, i got outside the store and blasted Nirvana from my phone as loud as it would go to drown it out....  i usually play music when I go into shops if I'm on my own anyway and avoid them if its busy.

I have also been accused of being paranoid about noises in my home the person I live with took 2 days longer to hear the same noise, I can't remember exactly what it was but it was like a low hum coming from a piece of electrical equipment.

• I am the same with smells. I could smell burning at work. Nobody else could smell it. Two hours latersomebody discovers the grill has been left on and is now smoking away like Hilda Ogden 

Reply Children
No Data