Misophonia

I sStar2tarted a beginner's yoga class today. I try new things occasionally, even though it's terrifying and makes me very anxious. I  chose yoga because I thought it would help slow my thinking down and focusing on breathing would be relaxing. And you dont actually need to talk to anyone during the class :) However, my first impressions are that it's awful! I can't stand it. I was in a room with 15 other people all breathing so loud it was unbearable. It was one of the least relaxing experiences I've ever had. Does anyone else experience strong reactions to certain noises? I can't stand loud breathing or loud eating. I get instantly angry and have to leave the area. I believe it's called Misophonia. Does anyone have any coping strategies? It affects me a lot but in particular I'm not looking forward to the remaining 5 yoga classes of my beginners course. I don't think you're allowed to wear headphones :p 

Parents
  • I can't stand squeaky noises or the sound of people blowing their nose. I'm not sure I would say it makes me angry but I really, really hate them. If I can avoid these noises I do. 

I'm quite amused that I just googled misophonia and it came up with noise rage. I like this term better. 

• I can't stand squeaky noises or the sound of people blowing their nose. I'm not sure I would say it makes me angry but I really, really hate them. If I can avoid these noises I do. 

I'm quite amused that I just googled misophonia and it came up with noise rage. I like this term better. 

Children
No Data