NAS Forum - Long LogIns, Long Postings, Long Deletion

Another sort of "Maintenance" Thread from myself (unexpected)...

Anyone else here, experiencing "Log In" Times being too long, or "Logging In" is not happening at all?

And when typing in a Post/Reply/Response... it does not go through?

...The thing is, any Person has to state these things (or start a Thread about them?) before "NAS" notices them, and that is why this Thread is begun...

Parents
  • Hi... Me, Here again, and uncertain this time... has anyone else had this next problem, or is it just ' my own old devices' again? It is not new, but it sort of makes me question what I recall here upon this Forum. 

Sometimes, in Recent -and- down in the History, A Thread does NOT appear. At all. Yet one day, I may log on, and *Then* I see a distinctive Thread, or a Thread begun by someone in whom I have an interest... But it was begun a couple of hours or days ago. Yet I could swear that I had not seen it before then. (After replying or voting, it stays put.)
    ...That this happens so often is why I am asking if this happens to anyone else. I cannot see what to do about it or how to prove it, however, since I cannot Screenshot something which is not yet there... :-/
    (I get less opportunity to log on lately, and right now, I am just confused as to what to say, since Threads suddenly appear after a Week, full of answers already, so I know not what to Reply...)
    Happy New Year Everyone anyway...

• Hi... Me, Here again, and uncertain this time... has anyone else had this next problem, or is it just ' my own old devices' again? It is not new, but it sort of makes me question what I recall here upon this Forum. 

Sometimes, in Recent -and- down in the History, A Thread does NOT appear. At all. Yet one day, I may log on, and *Then* I see a distinctive Thread, or a Thread begun by someone in whom I have an interest... But it was begun a couple of hours or days ago. Yet I could swear that I had not seen it before then. (After replying or voting, it stays put.)
    ...That this happens so often is why I am asking if this happens to anyone else. I cannot see what to do about it or how to prove it, however, since I cannot Screenshot something which is not yet there... :-/
    (I get less opportunity to log on lately, and right now, I am just confused as to what to say, since Threads suddenly appear after a Week, full of answers already, so I know not what to Reply...)
    Happy New Year Everyone anyway...

Children
  • I can't recall anyone posting such a problem. I think there might have been one case where someone realised that keeping the home page, or a forum list, open means that it doesn't update of course - until it's reloaded or refreshed. So, for example, if your habit is to open the home page, and from there open threads in new tabs, you won't see new threads in the list because you're not refreshing that list. I don't think we've had actual reports of missing threads though.

I can see that it's hard to be certain of these things, and certainly to provide evidence such as screen shots. We can really only wait to see if others report the same thing. However, because this is a pretty-standard system, it would be reported by other sites using the same software as well.

• must admit I didn't notice this thread when I was logged on here earlier......