A Random Topics Thread Where I Can Post Whatever I like Whenever I Gain Opportunity Or I Reeeally Feel Like Sharing It Upon The Internet

...This Thread "does what it says on the Tin", there. To be honest, I was just fed up of there being no 'Random Topics' Threads anymore, and I also miss the "Did anything Good Happen Today?" Threads, totally. 

So this is my own Thread... And I myself, as a Winged Were-Cat forced to live in a Human body (!), am starting this Thread... into which I shall put absolute Miscellany... So There, Nerrr.

Beware the Chaos. And Science. And lack of End Dates. Yet, As Always - Good Fortune to all who may read (When I can spare the Energy!)...

• spoken like someone who actually gets Transformers!

ありがとう! (Thanks!) ( 3 Days ago... wow, I really have trouble daring to Log On nowadays....)

I am a sissy-girl, but a huge "Fan". Or was, until "Bayformers" came along. As you say...

I could go on, and on.

...it is certainly tempting to start a Thread as if to balance the old "My Little Pony" Thread...

I have all of the UK Transformers Comics from around Issue 80 onwards. Checking the Internet, the last Issue was 332 and I recall how abrupt that was. And I have a lot of US Transformers Comics, and learned Art Styles from them...

Bayformers Movie 1 is interesting upon DVD, to hear Micheal Bay's own commentary, where he admits that he knows nothing about Transformers, and was surprised during his own filming of the (awful) film, that some of the Actors themselves were greater Fans of Transformers than he was.

Transformers Rescue Bots was really good - simple, though - because it did not take itself too seriously... unlike the current Transformers series, with big shoulders + tiny heads and waists.

...Another long waffle! But, well, that is "progress"... Bring on a Director who is not obsessed with B.S.U. (Blow Stuff/Sh** Up), please... 

(I might have spelt Bay's name wrong, but I must Post this or it will disappear!)

• Sunshine after several days of rain. A walk on the beach with our dog Izzy who ran free, off the lead, for the first time since we adopted her 12 weeks ago.

• BTW DC do you remember Starfleet (X-Bomber)?

It was a puppet show but was much darker than the Gerry Anderson stuff. Some insane battles. Puppets on fire, a big Gundam type robot, and an awesome electro type soundtrack. I've got all the episodes on my PC, I go back to them from time to time.

https://youtu.be/fALC5EZCXn0

After I'd seen Starfleet, Thunderbirds, Terrahawks, and Stingray all paled in comparison.

• Lol, I only watched the first one too. Tripe of the highest order.

NO Energon plundering, I remember Megatron siding with a Middle Eastern dictator and then double crossing him for the Energon.

NO guy who was Cobra Commander doing Starscream's voice.

NO Megatron being a gun.

I could go on, and on. Bayformers may have had explosions but it didn't have a planet sized robot, that ate planets for Energon.

I've got all of the cartoons on avi. Transformers the Movie was great. Unicron was badass.

Hey Soundwave is probably one of the best toys. You could have had Ultra Magnus, he was ***. Got killed in minutes after Prime died!

It wasn't a long answer, it was spoken like someone who actually gets Transformers!

Good to see you back around BTW!

• Barratt make "Candy Sticks", and yes they are identical to Sweet Cigarettes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Barratt-Candy-Sticks-pack-6/dp/B00ECZF4L4/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_325_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VEASQ2BB5S4BSH0WGGJ5

If you want Chalky sweets galore, go to Home Bargains. They literally have shelves full of the stuff. Makro's website too.

Also.......

https://swizzels.com

Lots of chalktasic stuff there.

If you can get to a Home Bargains though do it. It's like 1983 in there sometimes. I'm not that keen on sweets, but I do eat them occasionaly. My dad however eats shitloads, and Home Bargains sells all the old school stuff.

Home Bargains sells RUFFLE BARS! I will sit and eat quite a few of those!

• You could also buy tobacco which was in thick wax paper, open the end up and it had stringy lengths of sugary candy,,the colour was right, brown and coated in sugar. The packs were red, I also remember sweet cigarettes and chocolate ones with edible paper,,,,the shaped chocolate omg yes, pipes etc, liquorice was my favourite, even in the shape of a pipe with the top of the bowl covered in hundreds and thousands, good old Bertie bassets,,,liquorice shoelaces and red ones, milk chocolate mice being white, tutti fruiti and black jack sweets a penny sweet.

• Swwet cigarettes with red ends - I can taste them now! Do you also remember chocolate cigarettes wrapped in edible rice paper? I seem to recall smoking sets too - pressed chocolate shapes of pipe, cigar and goodness know what else in a tray! There was a more politically correct chocolate 'tool set' with spanner and hammer.

A particularly delicious form of 'chalky' candy in my opinion is Edinburgh Rock - pretty pastel colours, pleasantly subtle flavour and a truly wonderful texture. As for where candy can be obtained there are some good online sweet shops selling old-fashioned treats. We used to have a sweet shop in our village but sadly it failed to thrive and had to close in spite of my patronage. 

•    :-) 

A Transformers Thread would be nice, but would invite some disagreements/confusions...
    There is a MyLittlePony Thread already, but not a Transformers one, and these two things would in the 80's have been as much opposites as Commodore and Spectrum... such memories... pfui (!)...
    Soundwave...The only Transformer I actually have -some coincidence, "CloudyMountains"...!
    With regards to him, and his Cassettes - Ravage, Buzzsaw, Lazerbeak, Rumble, Frenzy - ... in the awful remakes - "Bayformers" as they are called in Fandom - Frenzy at least simply turned into a miniature version of Soundwave (a Portable Stereo System) and was able to access...well, WIFI and everything.
    ...After that first film, for myself I dared not watch the rest, and simply "hoped" (preferred) that with the next series of films, if any, that they get a Director who actually cares about Transformers, rather than simply seeing any Robot as a thing to just "blow up"...
    ...My, my, that was a very long answer, was it not?

• Me again, finally...

...Upon the subject of "Sweets"... May I take opportunity to ask anyone where one can still buy Sweets in the form of proper "CANDY"?
    Candy was a "Sweet", but it was chalky, usually white, and the main ingredient was Glucose -- not the fat-increasing Sugars (Levulose, Sucrose, Syrups, Etc.) that are in almost all sweet-things nowadays, including drinks. Nowadays, what is offered is (Levulose-based) Fruit Sugars, such as Boiled Sweets and Lollies/Chews/Pastilles... they are clear, tough, and last for many years.
    "Candy" may also be in Rock Candy, but this is only available 'by the seaside', not in London (where I currently am). "Sweet Cigarettes" were the main source, but are now out of favour, since this glamourises "smoking"... go figure...

• What happened to this guy when people stopped using cassettes?

Now that I see hipsters with Walkmen is he a threat to world peace again?

• We did too - it was great that we could generate a bit of money like this as we did not get much pocket money. 

• I always had ear ache as a child too... still do a lot as an adult... I read somewhere that there's a connection between childhood ear infections and autism. 

We had some orange vitamin tablets that tasted just like sweets. The disprin we got at school were just plain white tablets but the fizz on your tongue was great!

Best of all was being able to stay in the sick room at school safely tucked away in the peace and quiet with a little camp bed and a blanket (bit scratchy though!). 

• Yes.  I remember the Corona lorries. 

Many years later my mother was also reminiscing about them, complaining that they were addictive, ruined both teeth and bladder. and that kids were drinking whole bottles and.simultaneously peeing in the street.

• Fizzy disprin,,,,we had tiny little orange tablets, were they what you meant ? I liked them so much I swallowed nearly a whole bottle full, mum freaked out but I was ok, we never got any fizzy Cora Ona from the delivery truck,,,others on our estate did, we were to poor, the lucozade was a sign of being ill, yes that bright orange wrapping... ooooh loved peering through it as it brightened up everything you looked st, a ray of sunshine in a gloomy world.I always had ear ache, cotton wool in my ears, 

thanks for the memories, ()

• And I am asking thensame thing twice (oh and my phone is posting the same answer twice...)...

• Hope you're okay?

• We used to hunt round for bottles to take them into the newspaper agents and get the deposit money.

• I don't remember jublees but they sound lovely, nor the charity bags which were probably hidden from me. Do you remember the Corona van and those lovely glass bottles with the raised dots on them? How about Lucozade in proper glass bottles with the bright orange cellophane wrap? Getting bought a bottle was a sign that you were considered to be properly ill. How I loved staying in bed ill as a child! I also liked he school 'sick room' where if you were lucky you would be given a fizzy disprin and allowed to lie down for a nap. Pomegranates were never seen where I lived as a child, even a green pepper was considered exotic!