A Random Topics Thread Where I Can Post Whatever I like Whenever I Gain Opportunity Or I Reeeally Feel Like Sharing It Upon The Internet

...This Thread "does what it says on the Tin", there. To be honest, I was just fed up of there being no 'Random Topics' Threads anymore, and I also miss the "Did anything Good Happen Today?" Threads, totally. 

So this is my own Thread... And I myself, as a Winged Were-Cat forced to live in a Human body (!), am starting this Thread... into which I shall put absolute Miscellany... So There, Nerrr.

Beware the Chaos. And Science. And lack of End Dates. Yet, As Always - Good Fortune to all who may read (When I can spare the Energy!)...

Parents
  • What happened to this guy when people stopped using cassettes?

Now that I see hipsters with Walkmen is he a threat to world peace again?

•    :-) 

A Transformers Thread would be nice, but would invite some disagreements/confusions...
    There is a MyLittlePony Thread already, but not a Transformers one, and these two things would in the 80's have been as much opposites as Commodore and Spectrum... such memories... pfui (!)...
    Soundwave...The only Transformer I actually have -some coincidence, "CloudyMountains"...!
    With regards to him, and his Cassettes - Ravage, Buzzsaw, Lazerbeak, Rumble, Frenzy - ... in the awful remakes - "Bayformers" as they are called in Fandom - Frenzy at least simply turned into a miniature version of Soundwave (a Portable Stereo System) and was able to access...well, WIFI and everything.
    ...After that first film, for myself I dared not watch the rest, and simply "hoped" (preferred) that with the next series of films, if any, that they get a Director who actually cares about Transformers, rather than simply seeing any Robot as a thing to just "blow up"...
    ...My, my, that was a very long answer, was it not?

• BTW DC do you remember Starfleet (X-Bomber)?

It was a puppet show but was much darker than the Gerry Anderson stuff. Some insane battles. Puppets on fire, a big Gundam type robot, and an awesome electro type soundtrack. I've got all the episodes on my PC, I go back to them from time to time.

https://youtu.be/fALC5EZCXn0

After I'd seen Starfleet, Thunderbirds, Terrahawks, and Stingray all paled in comparison.

• I actually missed your reply DC. Sorry if it seemed like I ignored your reply.

Starfleet is something you'd enjoy going on your taste in Transformers, Gundam, and Japanese stuff. It was originally Japanese, but was dubbed into English. It has a much harder edge than the Gerry Anderson stuff (Stingray was awful, imo!).

They have all the episodes on YouTube, last I checked anyway.

I always thought Transformers and My Little Pony were overrated - Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, Biker Mice From Mars and Thundercats were all the rage for me!

I wasn't too keen on TMHT, Biker Mice was pretty good though, as for Thundercats, yeah, it was great. The new episodes weren't a let down either, they took the old stuff and made it very Manga-ish. A bit more edgy too. Grune was a favourite in the old show.

Is your name after the Battlestar Galactica character?

• I always thought Transformers and My Little Pony were overrated - Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, Biker Mice From Mars and Thundercats were all the rage for me!

Reply Children
No Data