Musical instruments

I am learning both the Guitar and Violin.  I started with the Guitar first and play the chords with a pick. More recently I started to read music and learn the guitar fingerstyle.

In the past two weeks I have started to learn the Violin. However, I have to wear ear plugs because of it is so loud and starts sensory problems.

Does anyone else do something similar?

Parents
  • Yesterday I turned to listening to you tube to lift my spirits, I went straight to the street performer playing the boogie  woogie,, it always lifts me, I watched a how to play it video,,, I may find the left hand once learnt just might let me produce something almost listenable?

it is repetitive and once learnt may just stick in my head, 

Boogie woogie my spirit lifter, there are many,, 

enjoy

https://youtu.be/h86nJUHrJ1E

• Yesterday I turned to listening to you tube to lift my spirits, I went straight to the street performer playing the boogie  woogie,, it always lifts me, I watched a how to play it video,,, I may find the left hand once learnt just might let me produce something almost listenable?

it is repetitive and once learnt may just stick in my head, 

Boogie woogie my spirit lifter, there are many,, 

enjoy

https://youtu.be/h86nJUHrJ1E

Children
  • I think I might have missed my flight if I'd stumbled across him on on the concourse!

What always amazes me about those videos is how few people have a massive grin on their face and start jigging around a bit. I just can't help myself if I hear a street musician playing something infectious. Even at the gigs that I go to once in a blue moon, I am perplexed at how many people can just stand there like statues and clap politely at the end, then tell me afterwards how much they were blown away by the music and love the band. It seems to be the done thing these days - my little group of nearly 50 year-olds are quite often the only ones who actually show our appreciation by having a good old boogie when all the youngsters are riveted to the spot. It's just a shame that my rapidly ageing body gets so achy from going full-on "whirling dervish" these days!

• Wah! Western-style saloon music. Also caused by the piano ofcourse. Thanks!