Mobile phone advice

I am on the Autistic Spectrum and am thinking about getting a new mobile phone.  I don't want a smart phone as I find surfing the Internet awkward with such a small screen and I am not really interested in "apps" or games.  I just need to make and receive phone calls, send and receive texts, a basic two mega pixel camera would be useful, also some kind of memo function where I can store some information.    Does any one know if there are any autistic aspects to mobile phone, their use etc, please?  Can anyone suggest a good one, please?

• the new samsung smart phones have bigger screens now. i used to hate internet based phones due to their tiny screens and weird on screen keyboard that my fingers were too fat for, and my fingers arnt fat lol but now they improved the phones with bigger screens. i got a samsung a10 and its screen is big enough for me to use it properly.... but now they made them even better as the newer smart phones double the screen size from the already big screen a10 and have a feature where you can slide or fold it out to have another screen worth to make them as big as a tablet now with the fold out double screen technology. its pretty neat. not sure what that versions called though but one of my work mates had one. 

edit: samsung fold, or samsung z fold or something, kinda reminds me of a book, but a futuristic book.

• If you need a new phone, then look at the phones currently on sale in stores. Some phones

• Nokia or Alcatel like others have suggested

• Hi AutTofindoutmore

I can only give you recommendations based on my experience. I like big phones. These do give you a bit more screen to work on. Currently I use a Xiaomi Mi Max 2, which btw is also well within the budget range, but is also, definitely value for money.  The newest in the series has just come out and is seven inches.

The catch is, you have to order it. If you don't want to do that then maybe go for a Lenovo phab plus. Or a tablet with a simple card, such as the Huawei mediapad M series, which has something closer to phone-t pe specs in terms of speed and memory, though you may need headphones tosoe decent calls on it.

• The 3210 was built like a tank. Loved mine.

• I'm not a smart phone fan myself. To me a phone is a phone and a computer is a computer.

I've got one of these Cat toughphones.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Caterpillar-B25-Shockproof-Waterproof-Cellphone/dp/B00DYUJ360/ref=br_lf_m_7ae36tqudh4e6wu_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&s=electronics

It's talk and text. 2MP camera. The battery has about 10 hours talk time and weeks (literally!) of stand by. It's 1m waterproof, you can use it in the bath if you need to. It floats. You can drop it, sit on it, tread on it and nothing will happen. Dustproof too. Great reception. A bright torch that lasts a while. It's pretty small too. It's about £50 but for the extra £20 or £30 you can pay over a throw away, you get a phone that will pretty much last as long as you want and has some pretty unique features. They look a bit different too. It suits my needs perfectly. If you buy one there are pretty much few things to worry about. JCB and some other brands make toughphones with similar specs.

I use my text message drafts as a memo function. I always have.

• Alcatel do a few basic phone versions.

Maybe have a look on the carphone warehouse website to see what they offer? There has been an increased demand for "grandad phones" (nickname for very basic calls and text message phones) so you will find a selection to choose from.

Nokia also did an updated rerelease of their 3310 which is still good but not as robust as the old nokias were.

• from your description, you want an old Nokia 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nokia-1100-Classic-Cheap-Basic-Mobile-Phone/183354971472?hash=item2ab0ced550:g:6nwAAOSwQFhbYb3n

you might be better off getting a newer equivalent,

I really like my smartphone though, I have an LG V20  I hate all the cases available so carry it in the nude and drop it often it's very strong so far. I just keep a stick on glass thing on it and replace it once it gets scruffy.