How do people keep cool?

I am sitting melting i just don't know what to do, it's 33c here at the moment, but plenty of people live in hotter climates, how do they do it, my body and face have sweat running down them 24/7 and have had during all of this hot spell. What am I doing wrong? I have seen people on their way to the train in suits looking as cool as ever it makes no sense to me, can't they feel this heat?

Parents
  • I suppose I'm lucky in that I'm more sensitive to cold and am quite happy with the heat.  I used to do distance running in the heat, and still cycle in it.  I've always found moderate exercise to help in acclimatisation. 

Heat is one thing, though.  It's the humidity that does me in.  When it's like that, if I don't have to go out anywhere I stay in with blinds closed and minimal clothing, plus a fan going.  In hot weather,  I drink plenty of cold water to keep cool and hydrated.

• I suppose I'm lucky in that I'm more sensitive to cold and am quite happy with the heat.  I used to do distance running in the heat, and still cycle in it.  I've always found moderate exercise to help in acclimatisation. 

Heat is one thing, though.  It's the humidity that does me in.  When it's like that, if I don't have to go out anywhere I stay in with blinds closed and minimal clothing, plus a fan going.  In hot weather,  I drink plenty of cold water to keep cool and hydrated.

Children
No Data